ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo conversion for 172

53' 172 Cup
i cant believe anyone would actually pay 5-£6k for this (according to k-tec anyway) - just watched a vid of a guy who has turbo'd his 172 on youtube, and must admit it does look like it goes pretty well. the boost pressure isnt very much tho (looks just shy of 0.5 bar on the dial). is this the most they can run?

Ph1
250 / 260 in a front wheel drive car is more than enough with out having to crank it up even further for a gain of more tyre smoke and pressure on the box.

As for folk spending that kind of money on the kit, they have a Clio thats more powerfull than the norm so good luck to them, its their money :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I guess if your 172/182 is fully paid for, or your feeling flush, and you fancy a Subaru/Evo slayer then why not fit a turbo?

I wouldn't i'd just buy a faster standard car, but each to their own.

53' 172 Cup
250 / 260 in a front wheel drive car is more than enough with out having to crank it up even further for a gain of more tyre smoke and pressure on the box.

As for folk spending that kind of money on the kit, they have a Clio thats more powerfull than the norm so good luck to them, its their money :)

yeh its pretty much fact that FWD cars are gonna be best with not much more than 220-240 bhp. having to steer, brake and put power down... If you were making a car strictly for 1/4 mile runs then can you hike the boost up on these kits or will the internals just not cope?

yeh its pretty much fact that FWD cars are gonna be best with not much more than 220-240 bhp. having to steer, brake and put power down... If you were making a car strictly for 1/4 mile runs then can you hike the boost up on these kits or will the internals just not cope?

Depends on the engine setup on a stock bottoen end 220 is about the limit with det etc. Sort the pistons etc and you can run way more.

Welcome to the L4yer
I saw that video on you tube. Engine looked like it was going to jump out of the engine bay when he backed off the gas. Renault engine mounts aren't upto to standard power let alone turbo power!