ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbines - Some help needed :)

Fiesta ST-3
Right... saw these advertised on ebay, pm'd him and agreed a price of £100!!! So off i went to pick up what i expected to be all kerbed etc but when i got there they looked like this

IMG00140-20100619-1729.jpg

Absolutely mint! no kerbing or owt just a dodgy gold spray job. So i went at it with sand paper and was getting nowhere so out came the nitro mors

IMG00141-20100620-1321.jpg

IMG00142-20100620-1404.jpg

Nitro morsed all of them so they all look like that^

Now i have a dilemma... original plan was to do them white but now i have seen they are all totally mint i thought about polishing them!? What do you guys think?

Started sanding one down with 320 grit wet and dry

IMG00143-20100621-1530.jpg

So... do i carry on and get them all polished up. It will take me ages but i have a fair amount of time on my hands at the mo so it will keep me busy... or do i get them powdercoated white?

Cheers

Fiesta ST-3
spoke to my grandad tonight who knows all about them... said that for the hours it would take its not worth it for the finish i would get. So guna get them powdercoated white. :(

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Why not just do them silver or anthracite. Turbines look s**t in white.

Chav Rocket
hey fella, not mine!
but the first ones are polished lip and center and black fins
second are polished lips and centre and silver fins and centre cap

first ones look the best imo. the combination works well