ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tubular manifolds

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm having the turbo over the gearbox and wanting a screamer pipe do you think they would have that on the shelf ?

Nortech are a good option but they sometimes take months :(

IF you want to design it yourself and then just have it made, Adam Dewis is a very good option, but I dont think he would be interested in wasting his time designing it for a clio just to sell one.

big boost cup
Surely there must be a southern company to make them tho. the ktec one is very nice but they won't tell me who made it or give me any details on it. I'd love to have a go at it myself but I'd fcuk it up and it would cost me thousands in bits of wasted tube.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
And that you want your car back within 2 years.

LOL :D

Really you don't need your turbo above the gear box unless your going for a huge Turbo. Nortech have done manifolds that use a v band clamp that'll allow you to fit anything up to a gt30 between the engine and bulk head. They use the tial housings which are really compact.

Even a gtx3071r will do 500bhp + so I honestly don't know why you'd want the extra hassle. Regarding a screamer pipe, don't do it.

big boost cup
I'm going to be running a gt3582r. The cars only going to be used on the drag strip. Why would you not use a screamer pipe

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm going to be running a gt3582r. The cars only going to be used on the drag strip. Why would you not use a screamer pipe

For pure drag use not any road use or trackday use, screamer pipe (and totally unsilenced exhaust out the wing etc too) makes perfect sense.

big boost cup
Won't be going on the road again so that was my thoughts. I know sandy brown makes a very nice manifold but it's naturally aspirated motors. Might be worth a shot ringing him I guess and see if we could make something

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Won't be going on the road again so that was my thoughts. I know sandy brown makes a very nice manifold but it's naturally aspirated motors. Might be worth a shot ringing him I guess and see if we could make something

If you think thats going to be cheap I suspect you will be upset by the outcome of the conversation.

big boost cup
I'm not on that much of a budget just don't want it getting silly. Iirc the N/A one was about 850 ish

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm not on that much of a budget just don't want it getting silly. Iirc the N/A one was about 850 ish

795 for a production item with the development cost spread between dozens of customers.

So im guessing a one off will be substantially more.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cant hurt to phone.

I still think you best option is buy the bends and design it yourself though, and just get it welded up for you.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Where could a get a manifold flange made / cut? carnt be that expensive?

TBH you could pretty easily just recover one from a standard 172 manifold, then if you wanted it thicker or a different grade copy it, or use a gasket as a template to cut one.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Chip, that Ricky Lee guy who did Stus westy one would do this. He is northern but good and cheap and will travel as well....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, that Ricky Lee guy who did Stus westy one would do this. He is northern but good and cheap and will travel as well....

The one I mentioned on page 1 you mean?

Ricky Lee at racetech is another northern option worth considering.

If so thanks for letting me know again just in case I had forgotten in the last couple of hours.
bond.gif

I know sandy brown makes a very nice manifold but it's naturally aspirated motors. Might be worth a shot ringing him I guess and see if we could make something

I don't make manifolds, I only design and develop them for my needs. The Clio one you're probably thinking of is a Pure Motorsport product, I helped with the design, but it's their product, made by their supplier to their design and as said a one off will be dearer.
If you're around Southampton, then in Salisbury you have www.maniflow.co.uk and www.torquetechnique.co.uk . Janspeed may also discuss a one off, but they're generally into batch production (they had a large amount of product for a well known Renault tuner when I was last there!)