ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trying to watch 3d blu rays?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I've just purchased an lg440 3d player paired with my Samsung tv to go with my new pioneer vsx 824 k amp. Now it all runs through the hdmi inputs on the amp and then connects to the TV through hdmi. Here's the problem when I went to watch a 3d movie it keeps flicking on and off saying switch back to 2d. It's baffling me. Any ideas?

A4 Avant & A3
Are your cables HDMI v1.4, there's something about the HDMI version to do with 3D (just a thought).
I bought a v1.4 HDMI cable for my TV which works, but I've not plugged it through an amp, DO the HDMI ports on your amp support v1.4/3D, or is there a specific v1.4 HDMI port.
You could test the cables by bypassing the amp as a first test, if the Blu-ray player works when directly connected to the TV the cables are fine, so you'll need to look at the amp setup/port/3d support etc..

I'm out of ideas now, better get back to work lol.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I was thinking I could of bought the wrong cable. I will double check first. I will connect it to the TV. Then go from there.

Cheers mate

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Right I connected it straight to the TV and it worked. So I changed the hdmi cables about. The connected them back through the amp and it still didn't work. I double checked the instructions it says the amp accepts 3d signals it's baffling me.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Nothing in the amp settings mate I've been through them loads of times. I wouldn't mind it will play the blu rays without 3d.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Well I've sort of sorted it. I've ran the hdmi to the TV then there's a coaxial that's assignable on the amp it's my cd player that uses it. So I ran a coax from the dvd to it at it work. I've got surround sound. I will swap it back once I've watched the 3d films. Bit of s ballache

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
It is mate I was just playing around with connections really. It could well be then mate. Will have to keep looking. At the moment its all connected back up the correct way so the 3d dvd keeps flickering and going off yet can watch blu ray perfectly. Arrgh technology