ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trying to tax my car

clio 182
having an absolute nightmare trying to re tax my car,the owner before me never give me a log book,just new keeper bit but was filled in with hes details.went to post office today to tax as its my second car and dont use it over the winter and was told i couldent tax unless i went to a dvla office which is about 45 drive from here,went all the way through and waited for 2 hours only to be told as it had a post office stamp on i still carnt tax it,had to send off for a log book which will take 4-6 weeks to come back and then i can tax.in the mean time there going to fine me for no tax as i carnt declare it sorn because its not in my name.ever feel like you carnt win.lol

clio 182
Thats what I thought but was told that it will take around 6 weeks to get bk but once they recieve it I will be down as been the keeper without tax for 6 weeks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why did you buy a car with no V5?

Mental.

Good luck though.