ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to remove alternator.....

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
As above, I'm removing my alternator in order to remove and replace my pas pump. I've undone everything I can get to (big bolt at the bottom, bolt on the top, all cables etc) and it won't come out, it pivots around the bottom up and down a fair bit, enough to get the belt off. It seems like there is another bolt holding the alt in maybe?? Just can't see or get to one! Am I missing something? I've searched like the clappers for the last half an hour with no luck, for the record.

Thanks!
;)

There are only the two bolts. I assume you have actually removed the bottom bolt and not just undone it?

There is a little sleeve in the bottom bolt hole NOT pulley side, it may be that this is making it seem like the bolt is still in. You should be able to prise it out a bit with a screw driver as it has a lip on it. If there is enough room!

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
There are only the two bolts. I assume you have actually removed the bottom bolt and not just undone it?

There is a little sleeve in the bottom bolt hole NOT pulley side, it may be that this is making it seem like the bolt is still in. You should be able to prise it out a bit with a screw driver as it has a lip on it. If there is enough room!

That explains it, cheers chief! :D

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Ok that little sleeve was the problem, was still a bugger though.

But anyway, alternators out, pas pump is nearly out, apart from it won't come out with the bracket/chassis in place, so I've removed all the bolts I can see/feel, and its still solid. Gonna remove the tensioner next (stupid E12 spanner needed as I can't fit the socket in there!) then I'm not sure where the other bolt is for the bracket, is there a horrible one round the back or something?

Cheers....

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Ok that little sleeve was the problem, was still a bugger though.

But anyway, alternators out, pas pump is nearly out, apart from it won't come out with the bracket/chassis in place, so I've removed all the bolts I can see/feel, and its still solid. Gonna remove the tensioner next (stupid E12 spanner needed as I can't fit the socket in there!) then I'm not sure where the other bolt is for the bracket, is there a horrible one round the back or something?

Cheers....