ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to get better MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Nissan 370Z
A little experiment i want to have, been averaging 30ish..do alot of town driving unfortunately!

Want to see how high i can get this in the next 3days...so careful driving"!

Is the best way to improve mpg to change before like 3k and dont plant your foot up to 3k, slowly press the accelerate?

Do you guys sit in neutral at traffic lights etc?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
How to get decent MPG? Don't drive like a d1ck everywhere. Simple.

Makes me laugh seeing threads like this. Usually from people who drive around town all night in 1st and 2nd gear before the customary Traffic Light Grands Prix.

On a serious note, remove the excess weight, make sure tyre pressures are maintained, car is well serviced, minimal A/C use and contary to popular belief, knocking it out of gear when approaching a junction/lights etc DOES NOT save fuel.
Simply coming all the way off the throttle actually uses hardly any go go juice, whereas knocking into neutral and coasting out of gear uses more. The engine needs more fuel to idle.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's funny you bought a 2litre hot hatch and now you want better fuel economy.

Oh sorry here you go...
polo-bluemotion.jpg

The fantastic bluemotion Polo!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i tried it in the zed, it didnt work, noise is just too addictive!

i used to get decent mpg in my clio tho, no harsh accelerating, always a high gear (not too high) avoid stop starting etc

Clio 172 Cup
Better judgement at junctions/lights/round abouts etc and brake less, change up quicker.

or just park up and walk if your so worried!

Hyundai i40
Search 'better MPG'

If you worried about MPG you shouldnt have bought an RS

and i think its broken for 30 mpg

Nissan 370Z
I didnt say i wanted economy, i said i wasnted to see how high i can actually get the mpg by driving steady...the clio 182 is good on fuel to be honest..i can thrash it and still get about 180miles from 30quid

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my car lies through its teeth with its MPG readout, but i think id rtahre that than its actual figure lol

Hyundai i40
I didnt say i wanted economy, i said i wasnted to see how high i can actually get the mpg by driving steady...the clio 182 is good on fuel to be honest..i can thrash it and still get about 180miles from 30quid

find a hill..... reset the trip, then roll the car down the hill.....99.9 mpg

FACT

E90
Then the point of this thread is what?

If you need advice on how to drive a car economically, you shouldn't be driving, Its quite easy, don't press the pedal on the right as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.