ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trouble with torsion bar

1.4 clio rt
has anyone here had an rt lowered? ive been to a few garages and asked if they could adjust my torsion bar 50mm and they dont wanna touch it!! must be pretty well off as theyre not too bothered with my business! what type of people will do it? i dont want to attempt it myself in case i muck it up. thanks for any input, tom

Looking for a ph-quick...
tomsparco said:
has anyone here had an rt lowered? ive been to a few garages and asked if they could adjust my torsion bar 50mm and they dont wanna touch it!! must be pretty well off as theyre not too bothered with my business! what type of people will do it? i dont want to attempt it myself in case i muck it up. thanks for any input, tom

i had my RT lowered, i also found that nobody would touch it as its a pain in the arse! so i took matters into my own hands! it isnt an easy process i did it once an i dont think i would want to do it agen!
theres a guy on here who has just literally done his 2 or 3 times till he got it right i'll find out who it is and let u know!

cheers
Amir

As long as the bar isn't seized its easy...easier than the front IMO as theres less to muck about with. I've had mine out 3/4 times now to readjust it myself...follow the guide and its easy.