ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy's new home and new parts...

Trophy #473
Hello all

I havnt been on for a while due to changing jobs and completely relocating! I now live in Melton Mowbray (the home of pork pies and stilton cheese). Moved into a 2 year old 3 bed semi with my Mrs (who as also changed career and relocated with me) but the most important part... it has a decent garage thats already been painted, wired up and has a boarded and insulated ceiling!

The T has got into a bit of a state over the past 6 months and since Ive started my new job 'in the trade' the cars ran out of MOT and tax and just sat in the garage as Ive got a company car... so with a few pay cheques under my belt I splashed out on some service items; oil, coolant, plugs, filters, HC's, TRE's, Lower ball joints and a labia splitter ( I refuse to pay £££ for a pretty much identical splitter from reno) I also need a new O/S driveshaft... I fitted the spiltter the other day but instead of cutting off the ends of the splitter I kept one end intact and then trimmed the long end and glued it on, looks pretty good if im honest:

PICT0116.jpg

PICT0120.jpg

I also stripped my Sachs', The N/S damper being fubar'd! and missing an adjuster! need to get them booked in to be rebuilt, shot blasted and coated as they are very rusty... and get them unpinned!

PICT0118.jpg

Stripped the rear brakes too as there shot too lol

PICT0119.jpg

Im hoping to get it all sorted for next month so I can get some track days in again this year. Cant wait!

Nathan

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
Good work, well jealous you've got your own garage.

Have you sorted the damage to the bodywork you picked up at Cadwell last year?

Trophy #473
Kind of... One of our dent chaps made it look a million times better but still a few scratches etc but... meh :)

Trophy #473
Not one to start a new thread for the hell of it...

The Albi:

PICT0121.jpg

Been rocking it for nearly a week, first impressions... I didnt think much to it tbh, but as I drove it more Ive come to like it, still has the same issue as the Mk2 and thats that the top of the wheel is tilted away from you but other than that I cant fault its handling, its balanced and agile (non cup pack), you really need to keep it on the boil to get some pace out of it tho. Sadly its bogo spec, no climate or xenons etc but thats ok... its only a company car :)

Also, inspected my dampers a little closer, leaking seal, there was loads of dirt and grit around the shaft but ive wiped it off, you can see a little puddle of fluid on the floor where its been leaking since its been removed.

PICT0123.jpg

Ive also noticed that the dust cover on the damper thats leaking had no end of cracks in it, no wonder its fubar'd! Also to show that the damper still has its 4mm gap so that method cant be trusted when looking to see if they are worn:

PICT0126.jpg

Also a pic of the new ball joints and a random one of the stripped rear brakes to pad this post out with.

PICT0128.jpg

PICT0129.jpg

Laters!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Very jealous of the garage, looking forward to seeing the Trophy healthy again!