ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy?

172 y reg flamer
would a second hand headlight unit not include the level control?

wouldn't bother about washers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If you were not arsed about the auto levelling and headlamp wash, they do bolt straight in and work............. Lots of non sports owners do this. You will dazzle other drivers though lol!!

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Not really, all ph2's have the switch inside to adjust lights anyway don't they?

Unless they're auto levelling obv. They are adjustable, what's the problem?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ah a few changes must of been made then.

So yep it would involve cutting up your bumper to fit or find a ff 182 front one

ibiza cupra
iv got xenons and one of my washers is missing the top off it would this fail an MOT if i put it in for one

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Just keep your car clean.

Isn't that just one of the laws for them to be available as standard/option.

Not sure if it still applies to retro-fitted headlights. Plus it looks ultra cool without the washers, nice and smoothed.

Clio Trophy/Boxster
My Trophy had them fitted, purchased new and fitted by a dealership, I recently reverted back to standard so will have a set for sale.

They were exceptionally easy to fit (plug and play so to speak)

R2TR

Mini Cooper S
My Trophy had them fitted, purchased new and fitted by a dealership, I recently reverted back to standard so will have a set for sale.

R2TR

Don't mind me asking, why did you take them off?

Clio Trophy/Boxster

R2TR

Don't mind me asking, why did you take them off?

Simon

A combination of reasons really:

• My pampered car might see some track action this year, If it does I’d rather a smashed standard unit than expensive Xenon one.
• My Car is only really used in fine weather and during the day so the standard units albeit with upgraded bulbs are sufficient for me.
• If I manage to sell them for £250 it pays for something else on my list.

Interestingly enough when I first bought my car I was told the Xenon’s where much heavier than the standard units, while this is true it’s a much smaller variance than I was expecting when I removed them.

R2TR