ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy with an Induction Kit

Fred2001Dynamic said:
then run the same setup as our track kit

std calipers, PF97pads, goodridge lines, BREMBO discs available from, yes you guessed it, Yozzasport!!!

Didn't realise the discs where Brembo items...

Isn't t just the case with the cup cars that:

1. Intake is very direct, only one bend in the whole line to the engine
2. High volume area for the air
3. Large filtration area to reduce back pressure
4. Simple, large paper filter.

I change mine after every trackday so for a road car guess there is not much point...

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
if you have an open induction filter, you can easily get some heat sheilding to deflect the air from the rad away from it, its an easy way to stop the hot air flowing directly onto the filter....

it WILL make a difference to air inlet temps on the road.....

above 30 mph there is enough airflow to cool the induction if there is air moving to that area where the filter is...

ideally of course IMO do what MarkM has done and move the filter behind the headlight where there is loads of cold air moving up from the ground...

similar to the cup racer pics on the other pages here, its not a new idea.... and seems to work well

MKIII 138
my hillpower works great, i would say low down pull is better, mid is a bit odd (needs mapping presumably) and high i.e over 90 is great.

i have stock feed and custom bumper to semi open enclosure, straight pipe also !

the noise is sweet, its not as burbley or rawcaous as i have heard on web video`s and nova`s/corsa`s etc.. its more a louder version of the stock sound with slight metalic distortion as if the air isnt turbulant but almost straight and clean in so i must have got the install right.

worth it if you get semi-open, no noise when cruising just when you put your foot down

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
TBH after having the kit on the car now for a few months i am still unsure of any gains.

I have fitted a heatshield around the filter and that seems to work well at higher speeds ie 30+.

One thing i have noticed, low down in the rev range ie pulling away from junctions etc the car seems to stutter and not pull away as smooth as it does with the panel filter fitted. Also at the top end the power seems to die off and it struugles to gain anymore speed.

Bearing in mind this is during the winter with the colder, denseir air, i am a little concernd to how this will affect the perfomance of the car during the heat of summer.

Plus points are the fact that it makes the car sound amazing, but i am more for the perfomance rather than sound, so looks as if i will be returning to the K&N Panel filter, which i prefer.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
On another point AndyGDi you may be able to help here is there any mods that can be done to the standard air box to increase air flow and perfomance.

I have already got a Samco 90degree elbow joint to replace the flexy hose to the inlet, and a breather filter to replace the breather pipe on the airbox, but was wondering if there was anything else that can be done.

Black 172
OK does that mean i should take my induction kit off my car ? I have a cone filter on it at the moment. It sounds pants with the standard air filter though !!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've got a RAMair and it's the loudest, most satisfyin noise ever. Gains...well we'll soon see.

GP2
I had a K&N IK on mine and the performance wanst great. Now running a ITG pannel with a hill power inlet hose, feels much better now. More pull through the entire rev range.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Andy GDI said:
there wont be "much" in it...

just need cold air feed to the filter

In terms of using the standard air box then, is there much that can be done other than making sure there is a good flow of cool air into it.

I have read about zetec s fiesta having a modified air box drilled to allow more air to flow through it. Would this work on the 172/182 unit.

What other options do i have without spending silly money on a BMC???

Cheers for your time

Just wondering but if you just want to fit a panel filter, which I have done is there anything else you could do to airbox to improve it even more, like changing air feeds etc?
Rob.