ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy V 182Cup

Peddled device
Anyone owned both? For day-to-day driving did the Trophy suspension add anything to make it a better drive than the Cup?

Not interested in pace as they are the same car just how it felt.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've owned both! The Trophy feels noticeably different from the off. Having had a Trophy, it's the only RS Clio I'd buy again.

Peddled device
How does it feel different...or better as you seem to be saying? Does it just ride better or is there much more feel and grip?

MCS R56
Slightly off topic but there is a good write-up in Evo regarding the Trophy's suspension, and the cost of fixing/refurbing them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Better body control, better turn in, more grip, more composed at speed. The ride is slightly worse at loe speed on very bad surfaces, but improves with speed.

Cayman S Edition 1
Better body control, better turn in, more grip, more composed at speed. The ride is slightly worse at loe speed on very bad surfaces, but improves with speed.

Agree, its better than the 197 I used to have and certainly handles better than our 225.

All down to what you want out of a car though

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Had a 172 with exhaust, panel filter + matched inlet and the Trophy is in a different league IMHO.

have owned a 182 FF, Trophy and R27

All great cars, Trophy so much better than the FF, unbelievable levels of grip. However the R27 is much more stable at speed and has superior brakes.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
have owned a 182 FF, Trophy and R27

All great cars, Trophy so much better than the FF, unbelievable levels of grip. However the R27 is much more stable at speed and has superior brakes.

Had 172 for 2yrs then Trophy for 3yrs.
Now have 197 Cup, not as raw as the trophy but miles better overall.
Uprated Trophy brakes melt well before the 197's standards but it has the same brake setup as R26 & thats way heavier;)