ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy to R27

Trophy #473
I start a new job in september (fingers crossed) and ive had the Trophy now for about 14 months, great car, love it to bits but fancy a change to something newer.
Ive been looking at 4.4 lpg converted range rovers around the 12/13k mark as I fancy something with ALL the toys and its a bit more grown up... but I know I will miss the fun of a hot hatch.
which brings me to the R27... Id only want one in Nimbus and if possible with the speedlines. I know the T is a great handling car but then again so is the R27 and on the road I know there will be absolutly no difference point to point but what are they like to live with on a daily basic... pretty much the same as the T I presume?!
Mpg doesnt bother me, I get circa 30 in the T. Is the suspension stiffer than the sach set up? (only thing that grinds on me about the T on a day to day basis) What are they like on track? I want to do a few more track days next year so want to keep a car that has the fun factor of the T.
Has anyone done this change or considered it?
Do Nimbus's demand a premium?

Cheers

Nathan

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Go for a 200. Def step up from the 197's, and some great deals about.
If you want something that's easy to live with, the mk3's are great. For entertainment/fun, the 197 just doesn't hold a candle to the Trophy, but it's better built, more comfortable, better brakes, more refined and just generally easier to live with.
But, if you want all those things, a mk5 golf gti does everything that the 197 does, but better in every area. With the added bonus of cheaper running costs and less depreciation.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The nimbus doesnt really command a premium..... although theres not many about & even less with speedlines- I sold one nimbus 197 with your spec although it wasnt a r27 it had the full r27 spec minus the plaque ( Speak to JayR)

Liquid yellow is the only premium colour now in the range --- The pricing on R27's is fairly consistent at the moment starting on middle 9's for an average miles into low - middle 10's for a better low mileage car- onto 11's for LY-

( you could of course buy mine ;) )
Track days they are good- although I would uprate the pads- not sure about disks- Also some people running more expensive coilovers-

best of luck
Steve