ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy test drive

GW Clio 200

I have a test drive in a trophy tomorrow. I will be making a decision then on whether to go ahead with the purchase, its loooking likely that I wil be.

Unfortunately there are not that many places to take the car around the orpington area, so I am going to see if I can take it for a quickie around the M25.

I go for a car on looks as well as performance, so if it looks as good as people say it is then I will probably get it.

I must say, I am impressed with some of the photos I have seen. Although I have heard it does not photograph very well like the racing Blue colour so only time will tell on that one.

106 GTi

Looks alot brighter in the flesh than the origional renault sport site pics. Make sure you find some twisties to test that suspension.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

You will buy one after tomorrow ;)

Try and find somwhere a bit better than the M25 to test it though :p

GW Clio 200

lol Brands Hatch is just up the road from me, but I dont think that would be much appreciated by the salesman.

The part of the M25 I go to has no Speed cameras and I know it well so will be able to give it a bit of a rag around there. Unfortunately nowhere else around that area comes to mind.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 28 June 2005

if only someone up north had a demonstrator!
Kitchens in Burnley are trying to get one... my mate Dave is the sales manager...

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

em it looks like a normal clio imo. dont like the colour either. u wont be turning many heads put it that way.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by yeecup on 28 June 2005

em it looks like a normal clio imo. dont like the colour either. u wont be turning many heads put it that way.
You want a bet. It stands out a mile, ive noticed loads of people looking at it.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Nik on 28 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by yeecup on 28 June 2005em it looks like a normal clio imo. dont like the colour either. u wont be turning many heads put it that way. You want a bet. It stands out a mile, ive noticed loads of people looking at it.

Ive noticed the same. It get a lot more attention than my Arctic blue 182 did. And everyone whos seen it has said it looks much better.

Rich, you posted a few months ago re my 172 Cup in Colne. Swapped for the Trophy. Fire me a mail through. No doubt be passing through in the next fortnight. Admittedly you will have to co-pilot, but hey :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Olly on 28 June 2005

Rich, you posted a few months ago re my 172 Cup in Colne. Swapped for the Trophy. Fire me a mail through. No doubt be passing through in the next fortnight. Admittedly you will have to co-pilot, but hey :D
Cool PM sent :D

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 28 June 2005

I have a test drive in a trophy tomorrow. I will be making a decision then on whether to go ahead with the purchase, its loooking likely that I wil be.

Unfortunately there are not that many places to take the car around the orpington area, so I am going to see if I can take it for a quickie around the M25.

I go for a car on looks as well as performance, so if it looks as good as people say it is then I will probably get it.

I must say, I am impressed with some of the photos I have seen. Although I have heard it does not photograph very well like the racing Blue colour so only time will tell on that one.

Ive had a passenger ride in Niks car and its truly awesome.

Just wish I had the cash but Ive bought another Williams instead.

;)

GW Clio 200

Unfortunately I cant think of any little country roads that are near me, I will only have an hour and the M25 and some roads off of the A20 are all Ill have. The M25 will be empty at the time of day so yeah unfortunately I am for real. I will be able to make a decent enough judgement as I already own a 182 so...I will decide from there.

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 29 June 2005

I will be able to make a decent enough judgement as I already own a 182 so...I will decide from there.
Surely it wont feel a great deal different on an MWay though (apart from a harder ride), it comes into its own on the twisties, Im sure there must be some roads just outside of the M25 you can try it on, seems to be a fair few just South of Sevenoaks?

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 28 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 28 June 2005

if only someone up north had a demonstrator!
Kitchens in Burnley are trying to get one... my mate Dave is the sales manager...
Great - theyre only about 20 mins away!