ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy spoiler issue

Passat
What agg are you having dude? mines on the car with the BMW struts and were fine.

I got the BMW ones and they don't fit right at all. They are the right size but the two sides to the struts are different. One side clips in fine. The other is a metal end which doesn't fit at all right.

So I've ordered the ones specifically for the Trophy. They fit perfectly, but they don't have enough power to lift the boot up. It goes halfway then I have to lift it the rest. They are supposed to be 340 newtons, they say 340 newtons on them, I've sent them back to SGS who have tested them...and guess what...theyre 340 newtons!

So god knows, they might be somehow faulty, they might just need more pressure.

It's unfathomable how such a simple thing has caused so much grief!

Inferno 225 cup
I got the BMW ones and they don't fit right at all. They are the right size but the two sides to the struts are different. One side clips in fine. The other is a metal end which doesn't fit at all right.

So I've ordered the ones specifically for the Trophy. They fit perfectly, but they don't have enough power to lift the boot up. It goes halfway then I have to lift it the rest. They are supposed to be 340 newtons, they say 340 newtons on them, I've sent them back to SGS who have tested them...and guess what...theyre 340 newtons!

So god knows, they might be somehow faulty, they might just need more pressure.

It's unfathomable how such a simple thing has caused so much grief!

Mine from sgs fit perfectly mate so could be a dud set.

Hope it all works out mate.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
The BMW ones are Bonnet ones right? In all honesty with the SGS ones though if they have said they are for that car they need to send you ones that do the job now regardless of how they tested them. Sounds to me like they were wrong on you'll probably get the right ones returned instead.

Passat
Yeah the BMW ones are designed for the bonnet.

Ill ring the guy tomorrow and get it sorted. They are been really good about it to be fair. It's just a series of unfortunate events. I'll keep you posted!

Passat
Hard to believe, but this one still hasn't been resolved.

Quick question - which way round do the struts go in your car? Is it the thin end or thick end that attaches to the boot?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I have mine on with the Silver parts showing at the top when extended. same as normal. they did need twisting though as the hole was wrong by 90 degrees.

Passat
The struts have gone back to SGS, for a second time, to be checked over.

Spoke to them today and they pretty much accused me of lying. He argued that if they are the right pressure then they should surely work. I agreed, but said they still do not work. God knows why they can't just send me another set. I'm starting to think £500 from Renault is a damn bargain.

RX7 FD
I will take a photo of mine tomorrow and pop it in here for you to have a peak at.

I have used the SGS struts for year and half now no problems.

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Hey

I bouht a trophy spoiler from renault... and the stop light doesn't fit ...
i ordered this
Spoiler: 6020012727
High-level stop light: 7700844706
is that a good part number?
...the stop light i was sold seems to be the same as on a non cup 172/182

172 cup
Hey

I bouht a trophy spoiler from renault... and the stop light doesn't fit ...
i ordered this
Spoiler: 6020012727
High-level stop light: 7700844706
is that a good part number?
...the stop light i was sold seems to be the same as on a non cup 172/182

May I ask how much you payed for a trophy spoiler from Renault if they wanted £500 for struts?

CRX,205,Type S,172..
The part number seems ok for brake light, can't comment on spoiler though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...rParts_SM&fits=Model:Clio&hash=item3a8a907d2d havent got my spare one to hand to double check though. Get photo up of the spoiler and brake light.

The spoiler is ok, I fitted it ...but the stoplight doesn't fit in... Stoplight came in a box with this part number i wrote... Maybe they packed in the wrong light into right box... That's why i wanted a confirmation of stoplight part number.
May I ask how much you payed for a trophy spoiler from Renault if they wanted £500 for struts?
When i convert to £ with the stoplight, without the struts about 450£

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Here is the spoiler

DSC_6627_zps95b7c1d0.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Pic One = High Level Brake Light
Pic Two = V6 Tailgate Struts
Pic Three = V6 Spoiler (V6 & Trophy)

ScreenShot2014-01-30at202441.gif

V6Strut.gif