ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy residuals - amazing

Clio Trophy
Going by autotrader my Trophy is worth 1k more than i paid for it and i have 3500 miles on the the c**k :rasp:

how do people think things will pan out in the next 6 months. I rekon all the hardcore clio 182 , clio 172 cup fans have snapped one of these things up and wont be letting go of them for a while so there wont be much supply. This should keep prices at retail for the next 6 months to a year i rekon.

I don't see what the fuss is about after watching that video of 172 Cup Vs Trophy round a track. When the new 200 Cup/Trophy comes out the prices will plumet just like every other 182...

Ad

MK2 FRS
nah.... I reckon trophys will keep the money relativley to other 182s.

It is impressive how well theyve held there values....

Da

Less
They're limited edition at the end of the day which will help residuals. You don't see a trophy everyday (unless you own one) unlike the 172 and 182's which seem to be everywhere! lol!

Neil82cup said:
I don't see what the fuss is about after watching that video of 172 Cup Vs Trophy round a track. When the new 200 Cup/Trophy comes out the prices will plumet just like every other 182...
That Goodwood vid was hardly a true comparison - That Cup was not as it left Dieppe!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Neil82cup said:

Errrrm... The Cup was running semi-slicks...... :rolleyes:

No way could carry the same speed in high speed corners with normal tyres. Trophy was down on the straights yes, but then its not quite so run in as a 50,000 mile tracked cup

Last edited:
Nik said:
Errrrm... The Cup was running semi-slicks...... :rolleyes:

No way could carry the same speed in high speed corners with normal tyres. Trophy was down on the straights yes, but then its not quite so run in as a 50,000 mile tracked cup

But the Trophy has the £1k shocks :rolleyes:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
LOL, shocks aren't going to help once the tyres stop gripping

Ad

MK2 FRS
Yeah as it left the factory.... wots the problem neil... you are aguing against the commanly held opinion

Its pretty clear that the trophy is the best performance MK2 Renaultsport clio

How much difference do you think there would be between a 172 cup, 182 cup and a trophy with the same driver lapping Donington national?

0.1 of a sec?

I honestly do not believe the Trophy is the quantum leap forward the press have us believe. No doubt it's a better road car, but it isn't that much better.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
To be honest i'm sick of threads like this. I dont remember any Trophy owners coming on here saying how much better their car is than anyone elses, yet owners of other models seem to do their best to drag any Trophy related thread down trying to prove that 'it aint all that' .

All the Renaultsports are very close in performance, and i'd hapilly own any of them. They are all great cars and you should be happy whatever on you own. Driver skill, along with lots of other factors outweigh anything you can do to the setup of a car so why do people instantly use one car overtaking another on the track as a reason to discredit the other.

All you guys do is make yourselves sound bitter by trying to run it down to be honest.

Erm the Trophy's developments were to make it even more suitable as a road car, so I think the Cup v Trophy vid is irrelevant, at those speeds on a circuit its down to the driver anyway...I was over 10 seconds slower round a short circuit than someone else in a as good as identical Cup (admittedly it was my first ever go, against a relative track veteran, but it gives you an idea)

Who knows what will happen in the next 6 months, I guess we will have to see how the new "200" pans out, if it bombs I would expect the Trophy to hold its value very well, if it turns out to be stunning things may not look quite so good.

B-road bully
its basically like the williams 3 init, i dunno wat will happen when the mk3 rs arrives....

Da

Less
Nik said:
To be honest i'm sick of threads like this. I dont remember any Trophy owners coming on here saying how much better their car is than anyone elses, yet owners of other models seem to do their best to drag any Trophy related thread down trying to prove that 'it aint all that' .

All the Renaultsports are very close in performance, and i'd hapilly own any of them. They are all great cars and you should be happy whatever on you own. Driver skill, along with lots of other factors outweigh anything you can do to the setup of a car so why do people instantly use one car overtaking another on the track as a reason to discredit the other.

All you guys do is make yourselves sound bitter by trying to run it down to be honest.

Good points and well said! We all own Clio's at the end of the day so I don't see the need to rip one variant against another! :rasp: I own a 1.2 8v but never feel the need to **** off the 1.2 16v's by saying how much better my tyres, suspension blah...blah... is :quiet:

Nik said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i've caught me a big one today, what are you on about? All I said is I don't see what the fuss is about, I never slated the car or said anything bad about it. Calm down...

Why the HELL would I be bitter? I know MY Cup would rip a standard Trophy apart straight line and I would be all over it round corners . My opinion on the car would be the same if I owned a CTR,WRX,STi, etc etc it has been totally hyped up by the press and isn't the massive leap they make it out to be (test driven one). Now run along and read your Evo Mag. ;-)

Neil82cup said:
Why the HELL would I be bitter? I know MY Cup would rip a standard Trophy apart straight line and I would be all over it round corners . My opinion on the car would be the same if I owned a CTR,WRX,STi, etc etc it has been totally hyped up by the press and isn't the massive leap they make it out to be (test driven one). Now run along and read your Evo Mag. ;-)
Hi Stromba

(you sound just like him)

Neil82cup said:
I know MY Cup would rip a standard Trophy apart straight line and I would be all over it round corners .

This has always been the downfall of this site, people with tuned up cars whoare amazed every time they 'beat' a std equivalent

Why do you bother comparing tuned up cars to standard ones? Its a complete waste of time!

Remapped derv Golf
I remember looking (dreamerly) at a second hand Williams in 1996 (when I started driving) and it was silly money! About £13k as far as I can remember.

Couldn't agree more Brazo.

brazo said:
This has always been the downfall of this site, people with tuned up cars whoare amazed every time they 'beat' a std equivalent

Why do you bother comparing tuned up cars to standard ones? Its a complete waste of time!

Just giving a reason why i'm not bitter, and showing my views are totally unbiased and based on experience of both cars standard.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I'm perfectly calm Neil trust me. For someone that doesn't care you just seem to have a lot to say about it in this and threads in the past. You dont see the fuss about them? Fair enough, you don't own one so no need to worry.

If I went to a track day and every other car there went past me lap after lap I couldn't care less as long as i'm having fun. Maybe you're cup could rip my Trophy apart, congratulations, would you like my Trophy stickers?

All I know is the Trophy is the best handling most enjoyable car i've driven, every motoring journalist thats driven it has highly praised it, and some of them have even gone out and bought one as a result.

Now back on topic, the residuals are very good for the Trophy at the moment. Only time will tell to see how they last, and of course they will drop like all the other clios to some extent. At the moment though I could sell my car with 7.5k on it for the same price i paid, so thats good news if you have one.

Nik said:
I'm perfectly calm Neil trust me. For someone that doesn't care you just seem to have a lot to say about it in this and threads in the past. You dont see the fuss about them? Fair enough, you don't own one so no need to worry.

If I went to a track day and every other car there went past me lap after lap I couldn't care less as long as i'm having fun. Maybe you're cup could rip my Trophy apart, congratulations, would you like my Trophy stickers?

All I know is the Trophy is the best handling most enjoyable car i've driven, every motoring journalist thats driven it has highly praised it, and some of them have even gone out and bought one as a result.

Now back on topic, the residuals are very good for the Trophy at the moment. Only time will tell to see how they last, and of course they will drop like all the other clios to some extent. At the moment though I could sell my car with 7.5k on it for the same price i paid, so thats good news if you have one.

Your the one who has the most to say on the matter Nik, i'm just giving my opinion, which you seem to have a problem with me doing?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah, you're entitled to your opinion, fair enough no problems there.

I just think its a shame we can't all appreciate each others cars rather than looking for an opportuinity to discredit it (especially based on random clips of video).

But then this would be a seriously boring place if we all agreed with each other :)

I think they'll hold up pretty well for the short-term; I was quoted £12.6k for a new one in September, changed my mind at the time and now can't get one (pre-reg/new) for under £13.6k.

Matt

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
LOL, nah i'm quite partial to them i'm afraid. You can have another 'bench' for the back if you like though :rasp:

182 Trophy
Neil82cup said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i've caught me a big one today, what are you on about? All I said is I don't see what the fuss is about, I never slated the car or said anything bad about it. Calm down...

Bet you've got go faster on your car.

And I bet your cup is faster than a Trophy because you've spent sh*t loads on mods.

But who cares.

Tom1 said:
Bet you've got go faster on your car.

And I bet your cup is faster than a Trophy because you've spent sh*t loads on mods.

But who cares.

Never wanted to turn this into my Cup vs standard Trophy debate I was just pointing out I have no reason to be bitter and was just sharing a valid/unbiased opinion. Below are my mods and their prices.

De-cat 90£, exhaust £300, R Sport ECU £250 and a panel filter (£35) ran 14.1's..... added a Maxogen since then but never 1/4 miled it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a dream that one day on the blue screen of Cliosport....................................... former/current/future Cliosport owners will be able to sit down together at the table of Renaultsporthood. ;-) one day maybe lol :)

MKIII 138
surley its not a fair comparison.

trophy v cup straight out of factory at their exact release spec. the trophy has newer tyre technology with the exaltos 2 designed for the car. also by now (like my cup) the age of 172cups is increasing after a point you start to lose bhp, if its not faster now it will be by the time all the cups are too high milege and the trophy`s are just opening up.

my opinion a 172cup is (by whatever margin big or small) THE fastest clio and probably faster than the MKIIIRS when it comes out due to weight but straight line isnt everything and as i said the margin is probably v.small