ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy or Cup replica spoiler?

Clio 172
Anyone got a UK source for one of these? Been looking for a while as I'm fed up of the tiny spoiler on my flame red 172, not sure if I want a cup or a v6 spoiler but I can't find either in flame red only black silver or blue. Thinking if I've got to get one painted I may as well go the whole hog and get a v6 rep, but can't find a uk seller for them?

Anyone got any flame red pictures of either fitted ?

Clio 172
Yes it is, and I was thinking it doesn't have the stance to carry off a big spoiler. Assume you're thinking of the big whale tail quite steeply angled one I've only seen on v6 and rally cars? The trophy one that's fitted to some v6s is smaller than that, then the cup one is smaller again?

Still think it's going to be a cup one just down to cost. Just seems a shame to pay full whack for a good condition one in blue or silver when I only a scratched or scruffy one to rub down.

I've had a few attempts at spraying panels with varying degrees of success, so depending on what quotes I get I might have a go at doing it myself. Want it to be a good job though as it's pretty prominent!

Clio ph2 172
A decent paint shop will probably charge you around the £60 mark for painting the spoiler. Well worth getting it done properly.

Clio 172
Bizarrely I managed to do a perfect job on my old 106 GTI bonnet, that looked spot on even a year later when I sold it. But I've tried a few smaller things like mirror caps and sill patches and never had as much luck since.

Clio 172
And my front bumpers been resprayed before but it's suffering from a few stone chips and a bit of lacquer peel so I may get the both done at once