ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy front dampers

Clio Trophy
ok so the dampers have passed there due date and still skint... so whats my other options to replacing them with something else and is it a straight swap over?

thanks

E46 M3
182 cup (or cup packed) shocks will fit but you'll have a pitchfork weilding mob at your door if you fit some.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Well the refurb cost can go that high but starts at just over £400 and tbh at the prices being charged by BG it's getting hard to criticise owners for looking at other options. IIRC cup dampers and Trophy springs make for awful handling so you will need to fork out for those as well. Stand to be corrected if anyone knows different on that.

Clio Trophy
well its an 05 plate and as far as im aware they have never been done. car feels like s**t to drive. back ones were leaking last year so they had to be replaced so im guessing these ones will be bad.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its only £700 if the pistons are scored.

Even tho Renault have dropped the price to around £600 for each shock to buy new thats still around £1200/£1300 depending on VAT.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
BG refurbs hitting almost £700, and you don't know the final price until they have them.

Why wouldn't you buy new from Renault for £900? I know I'd rather buy new than have them refurbished.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Its only £700 if the pistons are scored.

£430 for standard refurb
£700 for refurb + shafts
£820 for refurb, shafts + adjusters

As said above though, im currently in the process of getting some refurbed, for half what BG charge, so ill be postings my findings over the coming weeks.

In addition, ive just bought some H&R coilovers to try over the summer, just to see how they compare to the Sachs :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Do they give you a copy of the dyno output jack or are it top secret? :)

Do they dyno pinned dampers aswell?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Aside from the click values they send it back with, how would you quantify any mismatch between the two dampers beyond that if they don't provide you with at least a summary of the output? Maybe I'm missing something, but is that not a bit pointless?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it would be, unless they test it and don't tell you the results because to some people a graph would raise more questions than answers.

I don't actually know what the service entails from experience, I bought a new set of fronts.