ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Dampers

As part of my winter rebuild, the Sachs dampers could be making way for some coilovers, it's not something i've decided on yet, but still playing with ideas.

What's a fair price for a pair of front dampers (refurb'd by BG Motorsport cost £450 2 months ago), plus a pair of sachs rear dampers (1 new 2008, 1 new 2009, neither have done more than 3000miles)

Any ideas?

So what's the best coilovers on the market for a clio (track only) the cup racer bilsteins are none adjustable, so i'm looking for other alternatives.

Chris

182 Cup
The Sachs units really are very good (much better than any sub £1.5k option available aftermarket). In your position I'd just try to find somewhere that can re-valve them to match a much stiffer spring rate.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Acording to Harry Metcalfe's fast fleet report in evo mag the Sachs dampers on the Trophy are "identical to the ones used on last years Seat BTCC cars."

So can't help but think that as Inferno mentioned, might be worth looking into getting them re-valved Chris?

Anyway I wouldn't sell them.

Mk2 172
Ohlins, but have you got the ££££££££?

Seen a set stripped off an impreza that cos 12k and the internals are no different than the AST ones!! In some cases they werent as good.
I was shocked myself!! Its a name thing. Good suspension but way, way overpriced!!

Tav

Clio 197
The trophy dampers were used on the Clio Cup race cars weren't they? I'd look into getting them revalved. You're not going to find other dampers with remote resivoirs for anything less than a few £1k's I'd have thought.