ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy being broke on ebay...

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy is a piss take!!! I've just spoken to him he's taken the seats off and sold them to a mate for 500 when he could see that I'd bid 700 for them!!!

koi

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi S1
I was going to go and pick up the seats from him but was told he wouldn't end early :dapprove:

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
The guy is a piss take!!! I've just spoken to him he's taken the seats off and sold them to a mate for 500 when he could see that I'd bid 700 for them!!!

doubt he's a pisstake, no doubt a serious "CASH" buyer shot up there and slapped the money in his face, its one thing saying it over the phone but totally different if u just turnup and slap the cash out, the price is always different

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
no cat b's can be put back on the road, but they are really meant to be broken like this breakers doing.
I always understood that Cat B could never return to the road, and that's what it says at all the sources I saw while Googling? E.g.:

Insurance Loss Categories - Quick reference
* Category A - Must be crushed. All of it.
* Category B - Vehicle may not be returned to road but parts may be sold.
* Category C - Repairable. Significant damage. Cost of the repair is more than book value of vehicle at dealer rates.
* Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.

How could you put a Cat B back on the road then? Would it have to undergo an extra inspection or something?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I always understood that Cat B could never return to the road, and that's what it says at all the sources I saw while Googling? E.g.:

Insurance Loss Categories - Quick reference
* Category A - Must be crushed. All of it.
* Category B - Vehicle may not be returned to road but parts may be sold.
* Category C - Repairable. Significant damage. Cost of the repair is more than book value of vehicle at dealer rates.
* Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.

How could you put a Cat B back on the road then? Would it have to undergo an extra inspection or something?

I agree only cat c and d are eligible to go back on the road.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Hate to say it but absinthe is right, its not illegal to put a cat b back on the road, the insurance company advise the rating but that's as far as it goes, the vic check only checks the numbers match and it's back on the road. Wouldn't like to drive one but I bet there's quite a few out there

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +

i wouldnt bother with google, there alot of crap on there, you just take a car for a vic check, i know someone who's does a fair few of them then ships them overseas with logbook as its alot easier

cat b puts alot of people off the car but if its desirable like a new golf/ audi tdi they always sell, lots on ebay

you cant buy the b's without a licence, but what many ppl with contacts abroad are doing is gettin a "licence" lets say in lithuania then using it to buy them over here its why bluecycle only lets uk based breakers buy there cat b's as its screwing the mkt up, copart dont give a toss, as you can buy cat b's from there US site just like in the uk

for example this audi;

audi_catb.JPG

is a b, 2011, 11reg! it will fetch £4-5k+ worth repaired £26k+ but if you was a uk breaker u wouldnt b able to salvage parts to cover the sale price let alone make a profit, every panel is smashed then the roof chopped, it'll go abroad and be "put back on the road" also sold for FULL mkt price as will b hpi clear

Last edited: