ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy #60 (Cat C) - Just won this on eBay

Trader Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Just won this tonight on eBay for £2k.

It's cat c and had a pretty bad writeup on here previously with people seeing it as a bad/cheap repair and no cambelt history.

Checked the later history on ClioTrophy and gaztubby had had the belts done, spruced up a little ---

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

gaztubby said:
have fitted a janspeed exhaust, a K & N panel filter and had both belts changed. All that is left is to get the wheels back to Anthracite and get a correct front bumper. Unfortunatly I am going to have to sell it as I need an estate car to cart my dogs around since the wife changed her freelander for a civic. I am looking for offers around £3600 if anyone is interested PM me.
17-04-12 at 07:11 PM.

Surely if this has S​achs and the Recaros - 2k can't be that bad a price!

Opinions?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio 172
That's a steal, if its been repaired and belts done, cat c really wouldn't bother me. I'd have paid £2k!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M2 Comp
Nice buy. Can't go wrong at 2k really, like you say the 'trophy bits' are probably worth the best part of that.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio Trophy
looks ok, did they smooth the washer blanks off? or wrong bumper?, looks like its on lowered springs too?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Have you actually bought it yet- the seller may decide to get funny because of the final Ebay price & not sell it.

Steve

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is Cat C so assume it was front-end accident damage and the bumper was replaced with something other than a precise like-for-like example.

Either way, looks to be a good bit of business OP, hope you enjoy your new purchase!

Trader Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I might sell it as a quick turnaround.

Got a RB 182, 172 (off road), lupo gti and mk5 golf gti - now a Trophy.

Hard to decide what's best to do.

Trader Rating - 100%
74   0   0
As above.

The price is about right for what it is/the condition etc. - only original looking ones or subtle mods (and not cat c) command a premium over 182s.

Still, it'd probably be worth around the same in parts so not a bad purchase.

Trader Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Not 100% sure. I'd lose a months tax on it with it being so early in the month, so I'll keep the RB on the road until the end of the month and the Trophy in the garage. Tidy anything up that I can and service it while it's off road.

Then I'll sell it, break it, or sell the RB - Although I just put 4 new tyres on that and had a steering wheel refurb :/