ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy #275 has a new home......

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well my brother @matty1995 on here sold his lovely little 182 to chase what he had dreamt of owning for a while - a liquid yellow stage 2 R26.

So he went from this:

Mats%20Track%20Day%20349_zpsbbcserc9.jpg

Mats%20Track%20Day%20114_zpsqyk2bmq0.jpg

Onto this R26:

IMG_4140_zpsbyeaallx.jpg

IMG_4151_zps4cwyetzx.jpg

Then he realised his mistake, his old Clio went to a good home so he couldn't buy that back, after looking at some dogs we found this for him.......

Trophy #275, had the dampers refurbed, belts in date still, mint Recaros and interior. Exterior needs a few small bits but we can sort that......

IMG_5402_zps8a53lnse.jpg

IMG_5376_zps1oky7vl7.jpg

IMG_5383_zpswtzobh8c.jpg

IMG_5380_zpspfvbxeum.jpg

IMG_5414_zpsgavhjl2j.jpg

IMG_5409_zpsks5wyh08.jpg

IMG_5385_zpstmx9scft.jpg

Has the Eibach sportline springs and a Scorpion exhaust at present which does need the mounts sorting.

Got to say I enjoyed driving a Clio again when I took it for a spin.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Happy days!

Looks like it needs a good valet and a new Clio boot badge unless it's just the picture making it look worn

Will be getting full machine polish with front bumper getting repainted. The Clio badge will be replaced with the new style RenaultSport badge I think he said. Original Turini's will be refurbed, he has bought a set of OZ F1's today with winter tyres on so will be on them while rest of the work gets done. It needs a splitter still as well.

I have donated a set of black 172 xenons, small aerial, LED bulbs & phillips silvervisions so should improve in the next few days.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That looks mint and great pics too

Has your brother been a member on Scoobynet? Only ask as his username looks familiar

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Looks sweet and very original, even Michelin tyres on it. Whats the plan, general clean/freshen up? Just had my exhaust adjusted as it wasnt sitting quite right. :)

182 Cup & DCi 172
Looks sweet and very original, even Michelin tyres on it. Whats the plan, general clean/freshen up? Just had my exhaust adjusted as it wasnt sitting quite right. :)

Full machine polish, new exhaust mounts/gaskets, front bumper repainted and new splitter, refurb Turini's with new set of tyres plus plenty of other bits.

Why the sudden move from the R26, he didn't like it? Trophy looks sweet

He didn't bond with it. Likes the power of this but regrets selling his old 182 so this has instantly got smiling again.
I have driven the R26 and am not keen, don't like the driving position either.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Had a go in a megane DCI as a courtesy car, really really didn't get on with the driving position/interior, clio feels much more comfortable to drive (and i'm 6'1"). How long did he keep the megane? Trophy was a good idea! What's the mileage?