ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip out with new toy..

Not 100% happy with these but I'm more than happy with my new 40D! What a pleasure to shoot with, how did I cope so long with my 350D!

Honest critique away, I'm not very happy with the processing, since I was shooting in RAW I've been unable to do them how I normally would. CS2 won't accept the RAW's, now need CS3, not very good with Light room and Canon DPP keeps crashing. Grr!!

May enter 1 into the Spring contest?

2367733074_155078b528_o.jpg

2366899177_4a1104b409_o.jpg

2367736478_a42d3c644e_o.jpg

#4 RRUUUUUN BIG WAAAVE!!
2366900351_1d6f6df3dd.jpg

#5 effects of modern industry on wildlife?
2366902611_fde8d56470_o.jpg

cracking pictures Pete, using the kit lens?

Love the second one. I tried doing a similar shot the other day but I couldnt get a low enough apature for the correct exposure with the longer shutter speed!

I use a program to convert RAW images to .TIff. Cant for the life of me remember the name though! Ill get it tomorrow when Im on the other machine!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cs2 does work with raw... i shoot in raw or tiff but normally raw... cs2 has no probs processing it... u do need to download a patch to get it working though....

cs2 does work with raw... i shoot in raw or tiff but normally raw... cs2 has no probs processing it... u do need to download a patch to get it working though....

No more updates for CS2 now that CS3 is out so no patches for the 40D, oh well CS3 time or get myself Adobe DNG converter...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
was the 40d not out before cs3??

that is overly gay if thats the case... nikon raw format (nef) is the same across all the cameras i plugged a d3 in to my mac and it worked fine the other day... so dont see why the 40d would be diff??

Cupra
Nice pics & camera. I had mine for three weeks before it died and it is now in a box on its way back to Canon.

The 10-22 is definitely next on my shopping list. :D

I thought that there was a patch for CS2 for the raw files too though.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm seriously considering a cokin z-pro and some nd grad filters.

Are they worth the money?

Can't see the 40D on the list but I'll give it a shot, I'm sure 'updating' to CS3 won't be that big an issue if I need to.

AndyRS sorry to hear it, glad I got mine from a store should the worst happen!

Clart I'd say its worth it, looking at upgrading to the LEE holder system + Hitech filters soon. The Z-pro does look good, much better than the P system and dodgy grey ND that I'm using now.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I find it amazing you can get such interesting shots from what looks like quite a boring place (in the phone cam pic).

Great work.

p.s. live view is ace for tripod shooting :D
2366938975_c06bd0289c_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know that was most likely taken with a phone camera bit I love that picture!

The way it shows the wide angle view of the camera with a 'normal' picture behind it is very cool :)