ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip computer

clio 172 cup
ive just bort a 53reg 172 cup and a was usen the tripcomputer to see how many miles left till empty and it got down to 36m left then petrol light come and and then the bit what sed 36m just when till lines any ideas why it dident count down to 0 ?

Vantage
lol mine said 30 once then went to --- like 2 miles later...

asked renault, they said that the computer isn't too sure and dosen't want to give false information..PSHT!

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
my wife's scenic stops counting down when it gets to about 50 miles left in the tank, bloody annoying as thats the time you want to know how much is left :quiet:

182FF with cup packs
i but why stop at 36

It seems to work off of your current fuel consumption, when you get down to a small amount, around a gallon or so, the amount of miles left could fluctate massivly if you decided to put your foot down, so when the aount of fuel hits a predetermined low cutoff point, it stops displaying, and because the number is related to your fuel consumption it can be bigger or smaller depending on how you are driving.

350Z GT
It seems to work off of your current fuel consumption, when you get down to a small amount, around a gallon or so, the amount of miles left could fluctate massivly if you decided to put your foot down, so when the aount of fuel hits a predetermined low cutoff point, it stops displaying, and because the number is related to your fuel consumption it can be bigger or smaller depending on how you are driving.

Is exactly that, when i first got my car and was hooning it around everywhere getting 23mpg it would turn to ----- when it went below 30 miles left. Now i drive a bit more economicly and get 37mpg it goes ----- when it drops below 50 miles left.