ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer..

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
I'm pretty sure mine doesnt work, sure it displays my mileage but the button doesnt seem to activate any function, the mileage remains, nothing changes.

I dont have a clio manual so I'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong... but when there is o0nly one button to choose from I cant imagine there can be much else to do than press it lol

RB 200 Cup!
very strange - altho im sure trip comps arent that reliable anyways - i always seemed to do less than the comp said

Shame, i'd be interested to see some of the stats now and again, i bet reno would charge the earth to put it right lol

BMW M135i
Get a picture of the dials, some of the cars weren't fitted with the right dials from the factory.

Do they have the red needles, silver surround, rev to 8k and speedo to 160mph?

BMW M135i
Hmm strange, probably the right dials then. I imagine something software has gotten screwed up somewhere. Could probably sort it out if it went on a CLiP computer.

Not something I could try and claim as a repair from the garage I bought it from dont you think?

Does that mean i have the wrong bloody dials in the car?? My trip doesnt work and has no surround/140mph/7k rpm.

Is it something Renault will honour and change? cars a 52 so long out of Warranty.

BMW M135i
Does that mean i have the wrong bloody dials in the car?? My trip doesnt work and has no surround/140mph/7k rpm.

Is it something Renault will honour and change? cars a 52 so long out of Warranty.

Yep wrong dials there, they're boggo ones out of the expression/authentique. No chance with renault, would be easy enough to retro fit the right dials though if you got hold of some afaik. Only trouble would be transferring the mileage reading over.

This might be a stupid question, but you are presing the button on the end of the wiper stalk? Not the one actually in the dash itself?

This might be a stupid question, but you are presing the button on the end of the wiper stalk? Not the one actually in the dash itself?

Not a stupid question! I spent a day assuming i didn't have a trip computer as i was pressing the black dial on the dash. Doh!

Are you joking?

I've been pressing the 'what would be the button to reset the mileage on other cars'

Are you joking?

I've been pressing the 'what would be the button to reset the mileage on other cars'

Not joking - wiper stalk buttons are the way forward for confusing people who've not had a Renault ;) Do we assume your problem is now solved?

There's your problem!
You've been resetting the trip meter, but not been able to see it reset as you've not cycled to it by pressing the button on the stalk.

Solved.

lol not so fast, let me finish work and I'll go and try it out, even if that was the case would it be too much just for the clock to give some confirmation of the mileage reset? lol As it is you could be pressing it forever (as I have been) assuming nothings happening lol

Get a picture of the dials, some of the cars weren't fitted with the right dials from the factory.

Do they have the red needles, silver surround, rev to 8k and speedo to 160mph?

Lol :)

Only Renault would f**k up like that.... :(

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
lol not so fast, let me finish work and I'll go and try it out, even if that was the case would it be too much just for the clock to give some confirmation of the mileage reset? lol As it is you could be pressing it forever (as I have been) assuming nothings happening lol

the reset works depending on which function ur currentl on, u can reset ur MPG or ur trip mileage etc but as u cannot zero ur mileage then it wont change.

So i take it problem solved? dont worry many ppl have done the same thing!