ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip computer problems....

RacingBlue + IceBurg
ok, so the mpg on my trip computer constantly reads 31mpg. no matter what speed etc. also the outside temp gauge is silly high. apperently its 41 degrees C outside tonight lol

anyone know the problem? and whether its gonna be a b**ch to fix? cos not too worried. but obviously would like it working :) lol

car is 02 plate clio phase 2 172 if that helps....

cheers :D

You tried pressing the reset button for the trip on the dash?
Needs a new temp sensor it's the little black bump under the passenger wing mirror.

RacingBlue + IceBurg
tidy. cheers pal :) will have a go when im in the car tommorrow. only got the car tonight and havent had a proper mess about. just noticed them 2 things. cheers mate

RacingBlue + IceBurg
oh rite.... on my mates golf it changes with whatever speed etc ur doing... so assumed it would be the same.... does it take a reading every so long or something does it?

Yeah takes constant instant readings then works it out over how far you've driven since u last reset it. If you rest it and watch it as you drive it'll jump about a lot till you do a few hundred miles and it'll eventually settle.

172 turbo
my fuel trip just flashes no figures anyone know what coudl be tried resetting think whole things foooked ?

clio dci
If is just flashing i would guess if not getting all the readings from the engine ecu, if all your dials work ie speed and fuel gauge it may just need a reset, try dissconnecting the battery for a hour. see if it helps