ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip Computer HELP?????

clio 172 cup
I have noticed this for a while now. when i fill up my car i always reset the trip. and day by day i check to see how things are going. my first problem is that it says my averge speed is around 15mph. now come on who drives at that speed. i know for a fact i dont. and secondly i have let the needle go really into the red and my petrol light isnt on and it says my range in 50 miles. does anyone else know about this. ta.

BMW M3
You do alot of town driving ? You can watch your average speed drop while sitting in traffic.

15 is low though. mine is often in the 30s with alot of motorway just because of my town driving.

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Averege speed drops when just the ignition is on for some reason.

Petrol light will come on circa 40 miles remaining.

clio 172 cup
yeah i do alot of town driving going to and from work etc etc. the average thing isnt really my problem its how my warning light isnt coming on when the needle is bending in the red. i best go and take it to the dealer. cheers gents

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Im not sure if the clios have a demo mode. Hold the button in that changes the display and start the car. The needles should go mental, then cycle through the modes and it will dispaly error codes, fuel flow rate, litres in the tank etc.

Another way is run it low normal driving, reset the computer and rag its tits off. This should lower the mpg enough to take it under the 40 mile range.... the miles to empty display should blank out and the warning light come on.

clio 172 cup
right im going to go out and have a little play with it. ill let you know how it goes tomorrow and see if its sorted. ta lads

BMW M3
Yeah, good shout dean. Thats worth a shot.

Also get a pic of it and show your mates that your 172 does 160 mph lol

Oh, but you dont need to start it. Just hold the trip button in and turn to ignition.

Wanitng light coms on when you have 5 liters and so if your getting 35mpg then it wo;t come on till about 38 miles to go the trip will give up and display --- at about 4.5 liter (ie 1 gallon) so that about 35miles left.

Adverage speed 15 isn't hight is easily possible its amazing how easy it is for it to drop. Even my drive to work which is 60mph almost constant due to the time etc and roads only gives 40mph adverage.

Always good trick to see how high toy can get it to read over a fair old distance my record 95mph over 40 miles.

Lotus Elise 111R
Not 100% but can you not do a reset of the computer by pressing and holding bits!! Sorry don't know details but someone will if it can be done...

clio 172 cup
yeah i turn my car off when filling up. i have filled up this morning and done all the reset bits you told me to do so lets see how it goes. it says my average speed is 24 mph and range of 350 miles.

I have noticed this for a while now. when i fill up my car i always reset the trip. and day by day i check to see how things are going. my first problem is that it says my averge speed is around 15mph. now come on who drives at that speed. i know for a fact i dont. and secondly i have let the needle go really into the red and my petrol light isnt on and it says my range in 50 miles. does anyone else know about this. ta.

mines the same , with all the stop / starting , the 15mph is about right for the average speed .

mpg is 32 atm