ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trimming back the loom - what not to cut.... advice required

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Probably a bit late for this as i've already started cutting... however now the car won't start and I've no idea why.... car treis to start however the fuel pump isn't priming. I've not trimmed anything that goes into the pump so no reason for that to be the issue...
I've basically just followed back the plugs that I'm not using and cut the wires.... hey presto now the car won't start.

the other problem is that I done this over a period of time so it could be something else.
Are there any obvious wires that I must not cut?

obd ports, dash clock wires are all untouched
this is for a ph2.

any advice appreciated,
cheers

330i. E30 Touring.
Lol. All for the sake of a few hundred grams.

Is the immobiliser light going out?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
yeah the immobiliser light is going out as normal...
the car turns over for about 3 seconds then just stops.

If I leave it at first ignition for 3 seconds then it wont even try to turn over

the car is going 100% track and it was mainly to tidy up the inside a bit. as well as save some weight haha.

My car has the airbag loom removed and now i need to get it through an mot with the airbag light on solid!

When removing the dash did you reinstall all the loom earthing points? i didn't and the car wouldn't start

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
yes all the earthing points were reinstated...

the problem appears to be the fuel pump more than anything. not sure why its being an arse but its not playing ball.
Will try an ecu and uch first just to be sure its not an immobiliser.

yes all the earthing points were reinstated...

the problem appears to be the fuel pump more than anything. not sure why its being an arse but its not playing ball.
Will try an ecu and uch first just to be sure its not an immobiliser.
If PH1's work the same as PH2's, then when you turn the key to ignition, the red light on the dash should go out after a few seconds. If it doesn't then I believe its an immobiliser issue.