ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trendline retrim

Clio with a body kit
As iv not got any planned days out in the car I'm thinking about getting the seats retrimmed.
Seats currently look like this.
image.jpg

Iv had a look around on the Internet at pictures and so far I'm thinking just black leather! Which sounds boring so I wondered if anyone here had any ideas or inspiration for me.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im sure I remember someone saying you could get replacement seat covers for Trendlines as well as replacement plastic backs. Im sure it was lesley or chip mk1 . Im not on about the protective covers you can get off ebay, im talking about the oem actual covers off Recaro. They do cost a fair bit and someone was selling some on here a year or two back if you do a search.

Clio with a body kit
Iv seen these which I quite like.
image.jpg

But without the redness!! I like the extra lines that have been added.

I like the stitching in a different colour just to add a little bit as well. @Phase1sr Iv got a couple that have been strongly recommended to me that are in my area which I plan to speak to first but if i have no joy I might ask around for a number.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 98
  Clio with a body kit
Im sure I remember someone saying you could get replacement seat covers for Trendlines as well as replacement plastic backs. Im sure it was lesley or chip mk1 . Im not on about the protective covers you can get off ebay, im talking about the oem actual covers off Recaro. They do cost a fair bit and someone was selling some on here a year or two back if you do a search.

Thanks doesn't seem to bad a price.
I think ill look into something a little different for a start. I did wonder about the back of the seats as one of mine does have a little mark.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
As above, it was Edge Automotive that did mine. Beautiful workmanship and the quality of materials is second to none!

It's not cheap though.

Clio with a body kit
Cheers. They've got some nice stuff on their website. Some of the colours tho!! Need to work out a plan for the year as it's cambelt year as well!

Clio with a body kit
Looking promising the seats will be done at edge automotive. Not for a few months yet tho as he's very busy.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looking promising the seats will be done at edge automotive. Not for a few months yet tho as he's very busy.
might be worthwhile to get them to re cover your gear stick gaitor and perhaps seat belt covers at the same time so they match. I cant see from your pics if you have covers already for the seatbelt pretensioners . Are you going to have renaultsport embroidered into the headrests or anything.

How much is it out of curiosity for the retrim.

Clio with a body kit
Ill look into the other bits thanks mate. Iv not actually posted my interior as yet but I'm happy with the gaitor but I suppose it could stand out after.
Undecided about embroidery and stuff but they won't be completely plain.

Clio with a body kit
Well Iv not had any response to the last couple of emails or message from edge automotive he said he was busy but he's had a month to get back to me!
Probably going to have to start looking elsewhere.

Clio with a body kit
Id try again he is massive in the vw scene and ultimate dubs has just pass this Sunday 15th March

I emailed on the 20th feb 2nd March and a text on Wednesday as I was working in that direction this week and asked if possible to pop over for a chat. Yes Iv seen that and he's said he's busy. All I wanted was confirmation my seats were booked in and I would be happy.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Saw these seats which are what you were looking for but they are a little pricey
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-RECARO-...539774194?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3f390822f2
they do however have heating and electric adjustment. I would be all over them if they were £1500. You could always have a chat and try and get them cheaper.
Also the thing with leather is that it goes baggy after a while and stretches. Not sure if it is possible to retain the tightness, was going to to say taughtness or taut but I cant spell it and might not even be a word lol.

Clio with a body kit
Edge emailed last night apologising and saying he's been busy so it looks like it's back on.
Thanks for the other options trim deluxe would be a bit too far to drive.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I would personally rather sell the set you have and buy Recaro Sportster CS as they're a better seat, and if bought new, not taken from a 197/200 they fit in a V6 easily.

As so:
v6sportster1.jpg

Can't imagine a retrim is going to be much cheaper than a set of these? Which will genuinely improve the seating in all aspects.

Clio with a body kit
I did think about going that route @Jack!
Personally I think sportsters look a little too modern for the vee and If mine are personalised they will be unique.

@Goodj perforated is good shout. Iv been toying with getting the seats done since owning the car so Iv been over every option loads of times.
Just need to get them done now.