ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transfering old iPhone stuff to a new one

Two 0 Shitx
My dads just got a new iPhone and as usual with everyone else in the family has asked me to set it up. I backed up his old iPhone on itunes, i've synced his apps with his new one but when i try to sync contacts and pictures it will only let my sync with pictures from the computer or windows contacts with no option to transfer from the old iphone backup. To say i'm getting annoyed is an understatement, why they don't try to make it easier to switch phones i don't know!

Whats the easiest way to do it? I am an apple noob if you haven't worked that out already :eek:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When I got a new one it transferred easy, it just asks if this is a new phone or not.

Two 0 Shitx
I did all that and it sync'd apps but didn't sync the contacts with the old phone, and i can't just import them either because the sim's are different.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its been I while since I've played with an iPhone as I switched to Blackberrys after my 3G died but I thought iTunes and Outlook were all you needed to backup and sync contacts, music and other media types.

Never above 25mpg
Was his old phone first synced on the same computer? Did you do it as a new phone or restore from backup?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I sysnced phone to my computer, phone then broke, got a new one, plugged it in, then restored it, didn't set it up as a new phone, after that everything was same as my old one.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
From the old phone, go to settings > mail contacts and calendars > Import SIM contacts with the SIM in the old phone first, then sync in itunes again on the old phone first, then the new one.

Two 0 Shitx
managed to get the old phone to sync contacts with windows contacts, but now because he has a new number i have to send his new number to everyone, ofcourse apple didn't think of this and theres no send to all contacts option, so instead i have to add them one at a time, which with over 400 contacts is a right ball ache.