ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

transfering itunes from one pc to another

none, just walk
ive just got a new laptop and i need to get my itunes library from my old pc to my new one, can this be done?

Fiat Panda 100hp
if you do it the way revels says then it won't have all your ratings playlists etc. You will have to copy the text file from the itunes folder to the new pc.

Megane
How big is your library? Can be done easily using an external drive or networked PCs

Just move the itunes folder from Music into new PC and keep all the music in the same place.

Open iTunes and it wont know any different

Corsa :$
I just plugged my ipod into the new laptop..it asked if i wanted to put everything on the ipod onto i tunes i said yes.. hey presto..

none, just walk
ive been trying to do this all day, ive followed the guide on the apple website, but when i plug my ipod into the new computer it isnt picking it up, it brings itunes up and its showing on there, but its not showing up under my computer. The guide says i need to copy the existing files over using the icon that shows up on my computer.
ive tried downloading various programs to copy the libary onto my new computer using my ipod but they say freeware but wont let you do anything without paying for them.

Any ideas?