ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tram line feel

172 Cup
I replaced my rear suspension a month or so ago and got rid of the tram line feel I had. But its back again, and I'm sure the suspension would still be fine.

Is it a common problem? And any ideas what I should look for? Or a part I most definitely should order?

Thanks

GSXR + KDX220
Have you actually checked your rear shocks? I know you've only just replaced them but you never know.....I discovered one of mine is shot, after only replacing them a year ago :(

It will make it wander around, especially if you are carrying a bit of speed round a corner!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What tyres are on there ? What condition are they in ? Checked pressures ?

What size wheels have you got on there ? Tramlining generally comes from over-size wheels, i.e.: 17's on a clio, 19+ on a BMW etc..

Check shocks as suggested.

Have you had the geometry checked ? Have you had someone follow you to see if it's crabbing or anything instead ?

I'd be looking at the front - check for play in any joints. Then get tracking done. The mention of tyres above is also a good call - if they have uneven wear or generally quite low on tread then it will exagerate any tendency to tramline.