ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traffic Light Cameras

Suzuki SV1000S

Pulled up at the lights this morning as the were changing to red, and just over stepped the white line by about a metre. Then the bloody Camera Flashed me.

Anyone had this happen to them, obviously if they send me a ticket I will fight it, But madness.

Vee dub

I though the camera only triggered when a car has gone past a certain distance after the lights (like 5 metres)!!

1 metre! thats ridiculous!! :confused:

the thing with traffic lights is that the amount of "warning" time you get (orange light) doesnt change for faster roads.

so lights on a 50mph road give you same amount of "orange light time" as ones on a 30mph road. So you are still expected to stop in the same amount of time.

madness.

Suzuki SV1000S

^^ true. This was on the embankment next to westminster, I could have stopped before but 1 metre is nothing and it stops all the pissing cyclists getting infront of me when there is a clear road ahead. Am hoping they have to flash twice or something. Or westminster council will be seeing the back of my hand.

It should take two pictures as far as i remember, so if it did and both pictures show you in the same place, then they might just bin it. Did it flash twice?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 26 November 2004

I though the camera only triggered when a car has gone past a certain distance after the lights (like 5 metres)!!

1 metre! thats ridiculous!! :confused:

Red light cameras are placed at traffic light controlled junctions and photograph vehicles that pass traffic lights set to red. The camera is triggered from inductive proximity sensors placed within the road surface. The detector triggers when a car passes over the loop - if the traffic light is also set to red, then the camera is triggered to take two photographs 1 second apart. A data box is included in the photograph to show the date and time of the photographs, the speed of the vehicle as it passed the red light and, if necessary, a road lane idenification.

http://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources/Physics/Speed/road/redlt.htmlhttp://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources/Physics/Speed/road/redlt.html

Suzuki SV1000S

It only flashed once and all the pedestrians Jumped about a mile - Thought someone was gonna squash em, lol

Suzuki SV1000S

Well I am a little bit worried as my mate had a similar thing happen to him, But it came back saying he was doing 3mph, He got £60 fine and 3 points.

Clio 200 Cup packed

suppose the argument is you could still run a red light, pushing your car...

not really a well thought out system though!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

You might get lucky. Last December I got flashed at a level crossing for pulling away too early (the barrier was clear of the car but to be fair the lights were still flashing) but never got a ticket. Flashed twice. Maybe it had no film.

i got flashed twice when i went through a red light, back sometime around may this year. nothing has come through in the post. you might be lucky

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

Got caught on one of these f**kers in southend. I was trying to follow my mate because it was the first time i had been, just didnt think!! Didnt bother fighting because i was way out!

At the end of the day its a £30 fine, is it really worth all the hassle fighting it, and the possibility of several hundred quid in legal fees if you loose, can sympathise wiht you but if it was me i;d pay the fine and forget about it