ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trading in car while still financed ?

2007 clio dynamique
Just wondering if anyone has done this ? Im abit bored of my clio and fancy something with abit more power and also a larger car so it has to go , i will be using the same dealer i havnt done this before so dont really no what to expect cheers

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Once you get the settlement ask dealer for trade in / PX price on another car-

They will clear your finance & you pay your negative equity to them or they pay you the positive equity- what ever the difference
If its positive equity they will take it off the value of the new car

simples-

S

They will just buy your car off you and settle the finance and then start another agreement for the new one.

2007 clio dynamique
Ye so do i , its been in the back of my mind for ages but the clio is starting to give me problems so its time for it to go , im looking at an insignia if anyone has an opinion ?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Insignias have a nice interior but it ends there IMO.

Poor economy for its class, very small interior considering it's size, depreciation is fast...

I'd go for an older 3 series, much better cars.

2007 clio dynamique
Model wise im not sure i just thought they looked decent i think its the sri ? , i think i want a diesel but aslong as its ok on fuel i dont mind , im only 20 but im quite tall and i just dont find my clio comfy at all , i want something that looks good and is big enough for me , i looked at an 06 a4 but it looked really low spec were as the insignia was on a 09 plate and the price 6999

2007 clio dynamique
I woudnt say loads mate but the car is used daily to and from work and to go other places id say about 10k a year

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
An Insignia? Really?

I must have 50 cars at least that i'd buy before one of them. Utter rep mobile.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They are rep mobiles but for what they are if looked after they are pretty good. Wouldnt be on the top of my list but can appreciate why you would be interested in one

2007 clio dynamique
Ha ye i can see what you mean about looking like rep cars , i really like the look of them though , im going to go and test drive one and see what i think , when i got the clio i pretty much rushed into it , i was only 18 and it was the whole new car thing so im not going to make the same mistake

2007 clio dynamique
Ive seen some of your posts so i gather you like your bmws what would you recommend i had a look at ? Im just considering all my options at the minute , i

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ive seen some of your posts so i gather you like your bmws what would you recommend i had a look at ? Im just considering all my options at the minute , i

Depends entirely what you need tbh.

I personally drive a 330i Sport Touring which owes me less than 3 grand, but covers pretty much all bases. Its quick, well built, spacious, has nice handling and is fairly cheap to run.

Its also at the bottom of its depreciation curve, so in 3 years, when the insignia is worth 2k, the bmw will probably still be worth 2.5...

182 FF, A6 Avant
You get a lot of car for £7k, don't spunk it on something that will ake you want to kill yourself.

2007 clio dynamique
Im going to check out the insurance prices on some cars i checked the insignia and it was around 1000 iirc which i thought was reasonable , a 330 will be to big i think at my age but after you mentioned bmws i had a quick look and for around 7 k i can get a very decent spec 3 or 1 series , one that caught my eye was a 118 so i think thats a 2l diesel ? 140 bhp and 30 a year road tax have you had any experience with these ?