ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracker

320d M Sport
Mates just bought an Audi S7, other than standard security thats all it's come with. He's thinking about a tracker, anyone recommend the best one?

He's also seen some kind of alarm that requires you to press certain buttons or switches to turn the engine on, anyone have any experience of those..? He's manchester / stockport way if anyone could recommend someone.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I use an Xsource tracker off of amazon on my 172. It's reasonably complex to fit (compared to the simple trackers) but it works from a payg sim card, with no subscription, and responds to texts from your phone. You can set it up to do all sorts of things such as cutting the fuel when you text it a certain code, and texting you when the car moves or if the doors are opened etc. It's only £20 or so as well. However, I wouldn't fancy trying to wire it into an S7.
Some of the best ways to stop your car being stolen are the simple ones (ie hidden FIA kill switch on the battery, if they dont know where it is they can't start it) and quick release steering wheels, although again those aren't great solutions for an S7...