ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track time

182 T
Just to hijack the thread a bit, I've only done 30minute track sessions at big events before. For longer sessions 'open pit lane' does that mean I can come off, check things and go back out again during my session time?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Just to hijack the thread a bit, I've only done 30minute track sessions at big events before. For longer sessions 'open pit lane' does that mean I can come off, check things and go back out again during my session time?

Yeah, you can come on and off the track as much as you like during the session. The only constraint is that there is a limit to the number of cars allowed on track at any one time so you may have a short wait at the end of the pitlane before being allowed back on if it's busy.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Are passengers allowed?i.e. 1

Yes, you are allowed on track with a single passenger in the front, but they must have a track wristband (either another signed on driver, or have bought a passenger pass from Javelin at the sign-on office).

Clio 197
Yes, you are allowed on track with a single passenger in the front, but they must have a track wristband (either another signed on driver, or have bought a passenger pass from Javelin at the sign-on office).
Thanks Nik , so a passenger is charged extra?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Hooned it into work this morning and one of the lads in my section said he could hear my car coming down the duel carriageway while he was stood in reception and he said it was loud in there, that's easily an eight of a mile away, so i'm now a bit worried about failing the noise test, what was the procedure for testing?

I need to know :
db limit
what rpm
what distance away was the reading taken from

I want to do my own test with a db reader so I don't buy track time then get told my car's too loud and I can't play.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hooned it into work this morning and one of the lads in my section said he could hear my car coming down the duel carriageway while he was stood in reception and he said it was loud in there, that's easily an eight of a mile away, so i'm now a bit worried about failing the noise test, what was the procedure for testing?

I need to know :
db limit
what rpm

I want to do my own test with a db reader so I don't buy track time then get told my car's too loud and I can't play.

I had to do a double and triple take at who posted that!

That's technical as f**k!

An eighth of a mile isn't that far is it?

Get a eBay silencer to jam into it.

I don't think I even got noise tested last time tbh

I need to know :
db limit
what rpm

Do you have the cat in Dave?
I did it with a Yozza + cat and it was fine last year. Plus there was that nuts grey 172 with the centre exhaust which was miles louder than anything else on the day and that didn't get in bother.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What exhaust you running Dave?

I don't actually remember anyone getting noise tested last year?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Piper stealth, named for irony as even the deaf could hear me coming from a mile away, I have the standard 172 cat and it's boomy as f*ck.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't actually remember anyone getting noise tested last year?

This. I don't remember them doing any noise testing either. There was a mic sitting up at the side as you come out the pits but that's all I saw.

There was also a 350Z turned up for the track day the next day and was almost painfully loud when accelerating away from you but that seemed to be ok.

However, noise tests are usually measured at 0.5m and a 45 degree angle from the exhaust with the car at 4.5k rpm.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I think they're pretty relaxed with it. Although I do remember the guy that lives there telling us to be quiet after 11pm last year so people in the neighbouring houses wouldn't complain LOL. Nearest sign of civilisation was about 3 miles away! 😂

Edit: just checked... 105dB static and 95dB drive by at Blyton. You'd be doing well to go over those!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think they're pretty relaxed with it. Although I do remember the guy that lives there telling us to be quiet after 11pm last year so people in the neighbouring houses wouldn't complain LOL. Nearest sign of civilisation was about 3 miles away! 😂

Edit: just checked... 105dB static and 95dB drive by at Blyton. You'd be doing well to go over those!
I remember Sam with the light grey 172 getting warned a few times about his car, he told me he passed the db test on his exhaust but it was his throttle bodies that made all the noise and the marshals kept waving flags at him, tbh I can't remember if he was talking about a db test at Blyton or another track day.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I remember Sam with the light grey 172 getting warned a few times about his car, he told me he passed the db test on his exhaust but it was his throttle bodies that made all the noise and the marshals kept waving flags at him, tbh I can't remember if he was talking about a db test at Blyton or another track day.

Flol! I missed that!

As if throttle bodies are louder than an exhaust lol

Clio 197
Think you should be fine (just a guess) , my mate has a martelious(sp) exhaust on his FN2 which is 100db by the book and very loud and he has never had an issue. Be surprised if it's louder than that.