ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track suspension

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Hi all,

I'm after a set of coilovers, currently have ktec and they are pants the arches rub on the tyres and handling is just terrible. My 172 is purely a track car so I'm after the best I can afford £1000 ish I dont mind if second hand but I dont know what's to aim for I have my eye on BC with top mounts 8kg which new is £900 but if there are better coilovers out there it would be good to hear everyone's thoughts or if anyone has any for sale drop me a pm cheers everyone.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ktec do the Spax 750mc Clio 182 Championship which are a full coilover front and rear for around £1000.

Either them or BC's with 10kg front springs would be my choice.

As James says new BC's 10/8kg will be fine. Decent used condition AST's are few and far between although they are very, very good.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
You will have to set a budget. BC Br is £764 and includes top mounts. Ds are £90 more and also include top mounts.
For the price they are rather hard to beat

Another to consider on a budget is Gaz GHA

The other good thing about BC is the relatively simple costs to maintain. You just buy new dampers and fit them to the chassis if they fail. No need to send off to pay someone a silly amount to rebuild them. Keep them mint with some ACF-50 and they last well even with general road driving.