ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track suspension, brake and tyre set up.

Clio 172 Cup
Currently have a Saxo track car. Handles like a dream and get held up by quite a few Clio's out there through the corners.

But next year I was hoping to upgrade to a Clio 172 CUP! Will be used on track so would be looking for a half decent track set up...

Is there any recommended suspension I should use? Coilovers? Bilstien kit?

Brakes I've found Brembo HC discs and Mintex m1144 pads to be alright. Good DOT 4 racing fluid with braided lines too. The brakes seem pretty good with these cars anyway.

Tyres need to be road legal and affordable. 15 inch though.

The problem I have is the understeer people often have compared to other cars. I'd like to have a nicely balance car which turns in as the wheel turns and not just have a load of tyre squeal pushing me wide.

Any thought or opinions will be appreciated :) and anything I've missed such as a rear ARB? Solid top mounts?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd go for DS2500 pads and PE2's are cheap in 15". Have you ever had tuition as that will make a big difference on track?

Clio 172 Cup
Yeah I'm not bad at driving. I hold a National B race licence too...not like that means much.

DS2500 pads better for Clio's then?

Ph2 Clio 172
Massively impressed with the DS2500's on mine, although they do generate a significant amount of heat.

How much will you be using the car on the road? I have Federal RS-Rs on and they are fine on everything but standing water on the road, and great on track.

A rear ARB will do a lot to reduce understeer. Get camber bolts too, they make a world of difference for £20.

Clio 172 Cup
Road car plus 6 track days a year. Debating if a Clio 172 Cup would be worth it in the end. I expected a bit more from them.

182, 6r GTi
my current setup is Wilwoods with mintex1144s federal 595 rsr's and AST coilover kit and i love it, was able to outbrake my mate in his 197 on pretty much every corner, and once i was past him he was nowhere to be seen, iv also got a Witeline Arb but thinking of getting rid of it for the pure motorsport stiffening kit