ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track driving - in the wet - Brands tonight

Arctic 182
Howdy,

Im at Brands this evening and it seems that its going to be a bit moist.

Any advice for driving in the wet, all my previous track days have been bone dry.

I assume just brake earlier, less throttle out corner etc. What about tyre pressures? What pressure do people start at and what should i be aiming for?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Throttle out of the corner shouldn't be affected as much as your entry.

You won't be able to brake or turn as hard as you can in the dry so bare that in mind.

What tyres do you have?

Arctic 182
How did you get on? How is brands in the wet?
Was good thanks. There were cars going off all over the place though...

Heres a vid, i was holding back quite a bit as the tyres were losing grip and someone had already gone into the back of me in the pit lane so i didnt want to do anymore damage!

Arctic 182
Yep! Was queuing to go onto the sighting laps and he lent on the accelerator - he was disabled so had some kind of hand throttle..

The guy has since gave me some money (which he didnt have to do) and the damage isnt too bad, will need new rear bumper which ive sourced already but needs respray.

[emoji30]

182 arctic
nice vid i was doing 85-90 (speedo read so knock a bit off) at the bottom of paddock in the dry (stock 172),,, so you were doing well...
i like the vid / graphic set up how did you get that, and what is it?

cheers

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Brands is surprisingly grippy in the wet. Graham hill and parts of clearways can be slippery though.

Glad you had a good time.

Arctic 182
nice vid i was doing 85-90 (speedo read so knock a bit off) at the bottom of paddock in the dry (stock 172),,, so you were doing well...
i like the vid / graphic set up how did you get that, and what is it?

cheers
Its called Harrys Lap Timer mate, ace little app i have on my android not sure if its on ios.
Check it out, its a really good app