ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Car Wiring Questions

Clio 182, Disco 3
Hi everyone im new to cliosport and just recently purchased a 182 for a trip to the nurburgring.

This will end up being a road registered track car so all the creature comforts will be going in the bin, but and its a fairly big but im sticking to a budget, or rather the group im going with we have set a limit on what we can spend on our cars, given that most of us are involved in the motorsport industry it wouldnt of taken much before we all turned up in race cars that we had spend 30k on.

Im sure you dont all need the this is what im going to do list.

What im looking for is a little info on the UCH. If i have the imobilser removed from the ecu do i need the UCH. I want this to be as basic electric wise as possible without going standalone as that would simply blow the budget.
The wiring after removing the UCH wont be an issue i just need to know what if anything the UCH tells the ECU

THANKS
Lee

Clio 182, Disco 3
Need the UCH for the lights i think, so for it to be road legal you'd need to keep it.

Could be wrong though.

@bloke will know.

The lights and so on will be completely seperate. My end intention as these are clearly a fairly popular track car these day is to design a loom and manufacture them for other to do as i want to

dan's cast offs.
I started looking into adapting a standard loom to run without the uch but keeping stalks etc but it end up being a pain in the arse with things running through the uch. Didn't spend a massive amount of time on it but enough to realise it wouldn't really be worth doing especially with the clios wiring niggles it has built in!!

My advice stand alone, digi dash and whatever your choice for non engine wiring.