ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track car prep - interior

Hi guys,
I've had my 172 a few months now and been lurking on the forums a little longer. Like many I plan to make it a dedicated track car, hopefully without a run-away budget.

I need to strip the interior ready for a SD cage. I've had a search but can't find much - hoping this is a sign that it's as easy to do as I anticipate! But I just wondered if anyone has any major lessons learned or any dos/don'ts when it comes to removing the interior? Or thought's on things to add that are useful in a track car?

Thanks for any answers!

turbo 182
Go for it, nothing to worry about, maybe spray the front seat nuts with penetrating fluid ( under the car next to cat ) a day or so before removing them as on mine they were badly corroded and I ended up bending/snapping the bolt on the rails getting them off, also you could do the same on the rear seat mounts spray those under the car a day or 2 in advance help loosen those up as I ended up stripping the torx head, then had to angle grind them off

As above just go for it :) Mine's a 100% track car but I just don't like the bare metal strip it to hell look, so did my own version, most of it was probably just an excuse for something to do lmao but I'm happy with it. All under carpet sound deadening and foam removed but carpets back in :)

Door cards cut down ready for the cage
4537804D-FD90-4B42-B048-BC0ED8A3D966_zpszm2qicpa.jpg

Acoustic carpet to tidy up the rear
1A08BD29-C801-468D-8C9E-F8FA94B5B293_zpsxbdxjkof.jpg

Thanks guys, definitely a good plan to treat those bolts so I'll do that. Mark you said the door cards are cut down for the cage? I didn't realise that was required?

Also am I likely to stumble across any wiring challenges, or can I just secure everything down where it is?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
The SD cage does fit with the standard door cards but it just touches where the arm rest is.
No real problems with wires just remember if you are disconnecting something take photos and label them for reference later.
I tided the wires up in the back as they looked a mess fed the drivers side down the inside of the door and put all the passenger ones in conduit looks much better.
DSC02078_zpsp6jwb144.jpg

DSC02079_zps5zmjdksy.jpg