ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track brakes problem

Ok, so a bit of background. I did a full year of track days last year on one set of discs and two sets of pads. I fitted a brand new set of Brembo HC discs which I had from last year and DS1.11 pads from George last week, my second set of those. I bedded them in the usual way, 8-10 high speed to almost stop to get plenty of heat in them, drove home and didn't go near it for two days. I did a track day yesterday, had a look at the brakes before I left and all looked good, performance on the day was epic, no problems at all, I did 5 x 15min sessions. Had a look at the fronts tonight and both sides look horrible, discs are horribly grooved, pads don't look healthy at all,
what have I done wrong!? :fearscream: I don't think I can use them again, an expensive track day!

3E667576-8D7A-4263-8E4F-9986698F107C_zpsfiz5efd9.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've just bought some ds2500s from George and he explained the bedding in process to me as gradually building up the heat then letting them cool. You may have got them too hot too quick.

I was told
6ish 40mpg-20mph stops
6ish 60-20 stops
6ish 80-20 stops

Then drive for a while with no brakes for them to cool

Don't stop completely and don't lock up the brakes.

I've just bought some ds2500s from George and he explained the bedding in process to me as gradually building up the heat then letting them cool. You may have got them too hot too quick.

I was told
6ish 40mpg-20mph stops
6ish 60-20 stops
6ish 80-20 stops

Then drive for a while with no brakes for them to cool

Don't stop completely and don't lock up the brakes.

yeah, not far off what I did, couple of miles of 30-40 zone stops to get me onto the motorway, then some heavy ones, never to a dead stop, hardly touched the brakes at all getting home, then they cooled completely, no different to what I did last time tbh, or the time before with the DS2500s. They did get abuse yesterday obviously but I'm gutted to see the state of them 😧 Both sides are identical, so I've either not given them enough or too much of a roasting 1st time out, I just don't want this happening again

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
yeah, not far off what I did, couple of miles of 30-40 zone stops to get me onto the motorway, then some heavy ones, never to a dead stop, hardly touched the brakes at all getting home, then they cooled completely, no different to what I did last time tbh, or the time before with the DS2500s. They did get abuse yesterday obviously but I'm gutted to see the state of them 😧 Both sides are identical, so I've either not given them enough or too much of a roasting 1st time out, I just don't want this happening again

No idea then sorry, hopefully George can give us an idea.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
@MarkX I'm always on hand to ask for help/advice mate via PM :up:

Please send me a PM (or email if easier) with some more photos if you have them and more detail of how you bedded them in please

I'll be able to see/reply better tomorrow when I'm not half asleep!

cheers

turbo 182
Have you removed pads since track day and checked Caliper piston/seal?

Just a thought you may have generated a lot of heat and that's caused problems