ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo T1-r tyres

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-205-4...59882?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item56561d7a4a

Need a set of 4 tyres for my 182. I know nothing about tyres but from what I gather these are a slightly lesser version of the best toyos you can get?

Will these be any good?

Or am I wrong. My friend said he will fit my tyres for me so I'm working something around this budget.

Has anyone got any other recommendations. I won't be doing track days etc but want something that's good grip to get my power down.

I need 205/45/16s.

Thanks.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I liked the T1R's on my 15's, but a lot of the people on 16's dont seem to like them as much. I currently have V12's on the 182 (205/16s) and they are very good in all conditions.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very soft sidewalls, so whilst they offer a comfy ride, they do wear down on the shoulders if you like driving above 30mph.

Good for the money though tbh.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I would spend a little more and go with pzeros having tried both on my 182.

My Type R had P Zeros, I went to T1Rs. I didnt notice a huge difference. The P Zeros were better but in my instance, they were alot more! (£60 a tyre difference)

WRX
If I need to know I'll type T1R into the search box and browse through the 20+ pages that already exist. (They're an average road tyre and nothing like a track tyre)

phase 1 flamer 172
Using these in 195/45 x 16, road use only, no issues at all, but I do only 4 to 5 thousand miles a year.

Clio 172 phase 1
For road use I'd buy them again there poor but a good poor if u get me? I'm going to try out rain sport 3s at the end of the month as my falken tires are worse than the toyos so :( .... Tbh I'm gonna run normal happy go lucky road tyres with a bit of strech for some stance 195/50/15 on 8inch wide wheels so nothing Ott or massively dangerous ... And I'm gonna use some standard ozf1s " my standard wheels " on some part worn r888s or ad08s as ill only do 3-4 track days a yr so this will be best value for money for me ........ My opinion only

If I need to know I'll type T1R into the search box and browse through the 20+ pages that already exist. (They're an average road tyre and nothing like a track tyre)

crack a can open lad, relax. I hardly come on here I wanted a quick response. I usually do search but for some reason this time I didn't.

WRX
crack a can open lad, relax. I hardly come on here I wanted a quick response. I usually do search but for some reason this time I didn't.
Oh believe me kid, I am relaxed. I just sat back and watched this thread come to the same conclusion as every other.
50 comments that all disagreed and the OP just went ahead and bought them anyway.

Subaru Impreza P1
At the end of the day everyones got their own opioins on things.....but please can I ask why knock sombody for it.....The guys come on here just to find out info about tyres and he gets slated for it.....as I have on certain issues.

We are not all full on mechanics or guru`s ...but just plain car enthusiasts and just want to learn.

By the way modern88dp I have run Toyo`s T1-r`s on my P1 for the last 5 years....normal road use and the occasional track day...I`v had no problems with them....Good luck in what ever you choose to have

Oh believe me kid, I am relaxed. I just sat back and watched this thread come to the same conclusion as every other.
50 comments that all disagreed and the OP just went ahead and bought them anyway.

Dont keep refreshing it then if it doesn't interest you. I'm glad your relaxed anyway.

WRX
^Type T1R into the search bar and nearly every thread will be the same, that's all I was saying. It seems that people start a new thread hoping to get a different result. Anyway I'm out because it really isn't worth discussing anymore.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
^Type T1R into the search bar and nearly every thread will be the same, that's all I was saying. It seems that people start a new thread hoping to get a different result. Anyway I'm out because it really isn't worth discussing anymore.

your point was mute to start of with really as opinions change and thus the question needs to be asked again, kid. ;)