ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toyo proxy t1 r ? anyone got any ?

172 SPORT PH2
Bought all 4 today , anyone got any ? When I'm driving, the car is a lot wobbly now ? But 100 % more confortable then it was b4, I had some continental sport ones one (which ill be selling good tread left ) and when I've changed to the toyos, there a lot softer ? Help

Also anyone know what the psi inflation on all the tyres are ? Front and back cheers

I only have them on the front and had a wobble on the front at speed so upped tyre pressure to 34 and it was improved. Ru nning 32 at the back. Impressed with grip but worried about wear rate.

Clio Hybrid / S3
My t1r's have done a good 6k and half an hour track session at FCS 2007 and they still have a good 3mm left on them. The side walls are pants and make the car feel horrible when turning!

350Z GT
Bought all 4 today , anyone got any ? When I'm driving, the car is a lot wobbly now ? But 100 % more confortable then it was b4, I had some continental sport ones one (which ill be selling good tread left ) and when I've changed to the toyos, there a lot softer ? Help

Also anyone know what the psi inflation on all the tyres are ? Front and back cheers

I went from old 1.4mm budgets to 4 new Toyo T1Rs.
Felt all wobbly for the first 30-50miles or so but felt fine after and the amount of grip they had over the old budgets was great! Not sure if tyres have some sort of bedding in or setting in period but it felt like mine did?

ph1-172
i've got t1r's. i know what you mean about feeling wobbly but after having my camber set properly they feel great. i think the flex makes them feel nice and stable as the tyre sits flat on the road.

haven't used them out on track yet, might seem a lil spongey then.?

Bus w**ker
I've run Toyo Proxes from back in the days of T1-S, I've never had any "wobble" because of them. :S I'd be getting the balancing of your wheels and alignment checked TBH.

Anyway I run 2.3 bar in the front and 2.1 in the back. Think that's about 33psi front and 30psi back.

172 SPORT PH2
yea, like i said only put them on, all 4, the driving is soo much better, so much comfortable then my old conti-sport , im running 32, front , 32 back .. if i check it up on a toyo website, will it give me the correct pressure, as some of you have given me a few psi ratings, but im sure all cars are different in a way ? depends on the user i guess?

RS 172+
I run 32 front and back, great tyres and managed 15k out of them
Is that 15k Miles? Be good if it were! (he says hoping) :approve:

I just changed mine this morning from fairly dubious Contis to T1-R's. First impressions are that they are softer... not getting so may jolts and bumps from the road, though I am not sure what pressure NTS have put in them.

I have emailed Toyo UK for their recommended pressures on a 172, running driver only and 50% motorway - if I get a reply I'll post it here.

RS 172+
Toyo UK came back... they recommend inflating to the Renault handbook pressures for Proxes on the standard wheels (195x45R16's).