ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo or Goodyear ?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Need some new tyres for my MK II 172.
Was thinking of getting either Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3 Or Toyo Proxes T1-R
Would you recommend I stay with 195/45-16 or Would 205/45-16 be a better tyre ?
Opinions from those that have had either of these tyres would be welcomed.
Grip/Mileage, wet weather performance etc.

TIA
Deano

Ziel Nurburgring
The poll on the bottom left of the screen will give you an idea of which ones people rate.

Ive used Conti's and Mich's and both well very good, the Conti's scream like a b**ch on tracks and the PE2's are excellent in the wet, but are more expensive.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
goodyears definately, have had both, goodyear's wipe the floor with Toyos, grip, wear rate

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
205/45 16 PE2 are the best all round tyre. Gyear are good in the wet but PE2's are equal and a lot better in the dry.

You get what you pay for but they are hard to get hold of at the minute.

Megane225FF
Read the tyre poll for what people think of tyres, but I'd upgrade to 205/45/16's, little bit more grip..

ST
Goodyear winter.

Toyo summer.

Tried both on my dynamique....though exalto's on my 182, can't really say too much as i only got i last month and the roads have been wet/icey all together....

blink172 said:
The poll on the bottom left of the screen will give you an idea of which ones people rate.

Ive used Conti's and Mich's and both well very good, the Conti's scream like a b*tch on tracks and the PE2's are excellent in the wet, but are more expensive.

PE2's squeel like a b**ch on track too.