ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tow bar on a 197?

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Hi Guys

First of, iam aware how rediculous this question is. But i would like to get back in a Renault car, and are trying to sell my Seat Altea.
I would like something smaller and i really like the 197's. But thing is, i will really need it to be able to tow a trailer.
So do you know if it is possible to get a removable tow bar, that can be used inspite of the diffusor on the 197?

a low one
i dont think it can be done mate due to the nature of the rear diffuser! would it be an option to get a 197 and a very cheap tow car just for the needs of the trailer?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
If its anything like a 172 cup then the GTW will be 0000kg which means your not really allowed to tow with it as the vehicle does not have approval for it.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Instant ban.

He he, i guess i had that coming, and i realise how daft the question is. My problem is that i will need something that can tow my Mini Marcos race car on a very small trailer. Probably
8-900 kg total. And i would really hate to settle for a boring barge just to be able to do this. Guess it is the same situation with a 225.

Milano Premier CTR
There is a 172 cup which tows a kit car, i have seen a rx8 with a towbar that has twin exhausts. So it might be possibe, insurance would be void though probs.