ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Touge Monster Unleashed! [56k run and hide]

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Freshly lowered yesterday, I now dub my car the "Touge Monster!"
All shall ph33r it's 1.4 8v engine!

I took it for a rapido drive down some lanes last night, a friend in a gas-flowed, polished VTR couldn't keep up (of course, we didn't exceed 60mph :) ). Its like it's on rails! Best money ever spent :)

Gave it a simple clean today. Just turtlewax shampoo, turtlewax black in a flash, and turtlewax extreem wheel clean and extreeme wheel wax. Started raining as I was cleaning... grrr!

P1010082%20(Large).jpg

P1010068%20(Large).jpg

P1010073%20(Large).jpg

P1010080%20(Large).jpg

P1010083%20(Large).jpg

P1010068%20(Large).jpg

Dropped 60mm on Apex kit. Back is about 55-65mm depending on petrol, etc. Front hasn't settled yet, I expect another 10mm roughly?

Who has a strut brace on their Mk1? I wanna firm it up even more, but I dunno if the clio is already firm. (My mates VTR was very jelly like without the strut brace, but the clio doesnt seem so bad)

I'll post better pics when it's settled and there's better weather!

Peace!

-Akira
P.S: It looks like a remote control car now it's lowered with that aerial..haha... Getting a Bee sting soon...hoozah!

No engine work... waste of money tbh, I'll just buy a valver lump if this one dies. Where I live, there's no such thing as a straight bit of road ;)

The back could go lower... but I'd hate the weight distribution. As for the front, well, -60mm is the lowest kit they do! And I get 0 scrape on full-lock with the splash-guards still in...so...all is good! :)

-Akira

Nreg 1.2RL & Mreg 1.8 RSi
Looks quality mate, where did u get the wheels, i'm thinking of the rally **** look, lovin the nurumberg details

Quality

VRS
looks very nice m8y! havent seen it since the lichfield meet so look 4ward to popping down to another midlands meet and checking it out :D

Chocolate Bar™
makavelli said:
looks very nice m8y! havent seen it since the lichfield meet so look 4ward to popping down to another midlands meet and checking it out :D

ditto that. its sitting really nicely now matey :)

Thanks guys! :)

Wheels are Team dynamics Pro Race 2 in white. (15" - 6.4kg) Click here

I think the "nurumberg" decals help to set off the whole red-white thing.

I may need a new zorst, as my current one is OE and has always been a lil' "saggy"...and its now the worst enemy of any speed pillow. I have a small spoiler that I need to get sorted... its alllllll coming together.

I'll be at star city on the 19th! :] I neeeeeeeed a cs sticker!

-Akira

Chocolate Bar™
know what you mean about the exhaust. i had to have mine adjusted when i had it lowered, and in the end i had it replaced lol

E90
nuremberg is where they had the war trials after 1945, the sticker you have on the back of your car is the nurburgring, named after the village of Nurburg around where the track is.

Nice looking car though, i like the rally look.

Last edited:
  Mégane RS
Looking good, you got a nice red and white theme going on there

nice seats they compliment the car vey well

Yeah... I've done like... 100 laps of Nordschleife in Gran Turismo 4 and Project Gotham 3.

Its not a suitcase... the sticker doesnt mean I've been there. ;)

-Akira

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ring sticker rules:

#1 Before displaying sticker on automobile you must visit the nurburgring.
#2 See above.

Well, Hope you dont loose sleep at night just because I have a sticker on my car ^_^

People wear "Harvard" T-shirts and stuff with never attending harvard! The same goes for apperel with US flags on, etc.

I mean.. my car has a renault badge on it.... but I've never been to the renault factory! :O Somebody call zee police!

-Akira

VaVa
Repeat after me
"It's only a sticker"

Breathe in

"it's only a sticker"

Repeat until you realise that 90% of the people who see it won't know what it is and the rest would think you just stuck it on to impress people - the last thought in their minds will be that you've actually been.

Twingo 133
Looks nice with the white wheels.
are there any good mountain roads around you then? to be the touge monster ;)

Clio 182
Hi,
I have a phase 3,mk1, 1.4 8v sport. Just wondering what the offset and tyre size is on those wheels you got? Was thinking of changing the standard 14" alloys.

Cheers

Tyres; 195/45/15

PCD: 4x100
Bore: ø60,1
Fitting Kit: K 241
OE was 13x5.5 with offset of E36.
New is 15x7 with offset of E35.

Hope that helps.

-Akira

Ziel Nurburgring
Is it the driver who is covered by the membership or the car?

Love the wheels, look great on Yass's cup too. Ditch the stickers

lmao @ the sticker arguement

The car looks great for a phase 3 :rasp:

I need to get mine lowered, its a jeep at the moment. Still impressed by them buckets for the price, although ive decided to get leather for mine when i find some :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Akira2506 said:
Well, Hope you dont loose sleep at night just because I have a sticker on my car ^_^

People wear "Harvard" T-shirts and stuff with never attending harvard! The same goes for apperel with US flags on, etc.

I mean.. my car has a renault badge on it.... but I've never been to the renault factory! :O Somebody call zee police!

-Akira

PMSL^^ Fair play to you son!

Oh, car looks really smart, not too ott, but just right! :)

Heh, road driving is totally different to track driving. With no run-off zone, its just as much about guts n skill as it is BHP.

-Akira

Last edited: