ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Touched wing mirrors, Lady needed 6 months off from work...

Rusty Cup
March 09 i drove into sainburys to get pertol and some bint wouldnt move over so we touched wing mirrors, she pulled up into the petrol station saying she wasnt happy so i gave her my business card and walked away.

Next month ive got to go see a barrister as she is claiming i caused £800+ damage to her car and the force of the accident has caused her to need to be off work for something like 6-8 months.

Ive got here name, telephone number, address etc and lets just say if i end up paying out a penny i will be paying her a visit.

Next time i touch wing mirrors i'll remember to finish them off i reckon ;)

Jap Box
Wtf, there are some right bellends around these days, surely theres CCTV in the petrol station that can show what actually happened?

Rusty Cup
there is cctv and a witness i think someone who works in the petrol station rather than a passer by and i think they are on my side, but all in all yea a complete joke.

And as for the 6 months off work the picture on her facebook shows her with an 18month year old child so its more like shes had the time off to look after him/her!!

will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Ultra Red Megane 175
To be honest I'd be going to Watchdog or something similar with this, the "Compensation Culture" has been getting alot of press recently so may be worth a shout as it's so obviously a frivolous case.

Hope it works out for you anyway.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
And its things like this thats making insurance more and more expensive, false whiplash claims etc. Really winds me up! Hope she gets fucked for tryin to make a fraudulant claim

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Keep us updated. Will be interested to see what happens. I wouldn't be shocked if it went in her favour though!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I wouldnt of given her my details at all tbh unless I had badly damaged her wing mirror.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
what a joke, did she then get out the car trip on some un even slabs, then slip up on the highly polished floor in the garage too?

claim culture what a waste!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
and its f**king terrible.. i had a tree fall on me a few years ago and it took me nearly 4 years to get anything, and that only covered all my costs. I didnt trip up over some plastic wrapping that is on the floor everyday and get £15k in compo! and i still considermyself lucky!

claim culture sucks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd go round there and cause £800's worth of damage, then at least she'll have something to complain about.

Will the petrol station not have this on CCTV?

clio 182 black /gold
This is shocking. How fast does she think you was going to do £800 of damage? I was going 20 - 30 and i hit a merc. Both of our mirrors came off and when we spoke we went 50 - 50 and repaired our own mirrors. TBH i hope she gets her just deserts.

and its f**king terrible.. i had a tree fall on me a few years ago and it took me nearly 4 years to get anything, and that only covered all my costs. I didnt trip up over some plastic wrapping that is on the floor everyday and get £15k in compo! and i still considermyself lucky!

claim culture sucks

Who did you claim against for a falling tree?

Remember the dude who walked into a gate and tried to take the gate to court? PMSL I wonder how that panned out in the end :D

Rusty Cup
Keep us updated. Will be interested to see what happens. I wouldn't be shocked if it went in her favour though!

I will keep you guys posted for sure, and i wouldnt be surprised if she walks away 10k richer either but if it costs me a penny it will not be the last she hears about it.

I can see both side of this really and hell even i would love someone to give me 10k for f**k all, i have a friend who sat on a guys car the guy said get off, he didnt so thte guy drove off and my mate fell off hit his head, 5 years later he has just been payed out £800,000 no word of a lie!! so nothing would surprise me tbh.

If i win the dispute im thinking of counter suing for the years worth of stress and sleepless nights this has caused me?

My brother crashed his car into a church and the woman driving past at the time won 4k for her "trauma" she was a law student though lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
TBF my nieghbours wing mirror was £450 for a new one on some random merc, so i could believe one costing £800

Can't you counter claim for stress, costs etc off her false claim?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Wife had a small prang last year. At an island went into the back of someone, maybe 10mph. Total damage was under £500, they occupants were laughing and joking with her etc. Car was fine to drive, bumper slightly dented.

Total claim so far, over £16k.

I will keep you guys posted for sure, and i wouldnt be surprised if she walks away 10k richer either but if it costs me a penny it will not be the last she hears about it.

I can see both side of this really and hell even i would love someone to give me 10k for f**k all, i have a friend who sat on a guys car the guy said get off, he didnt so thte guy drove off and my mate fell off hit his head, 5 years later he has just been payed out £800,000 no word of a lie!! so nothing would surprise me tbh.

If i win the dispute im thinking of counter suing for the years worth of stress and sleepless nights this has caused me?

My brother crashed his car into a church and the woman driving past at the time won 4k for her "trauma" she was a law student though lol.

lol.

Wife had a small prang last year. At an island went into the back of someone, maybe 10mph. Total damage was under £500, they occupants were laughing and joking with her etc. Car was fine to drive, bumper slightly dented.

Total claim so far, over £16k.

some tit in a ricer vtec'd into the front of me, aggreed to settle it out of insurance as we were both young. Next week I get a letter from insurance about a whiplash claim for him and several occupants of his car etc. In the end a witness appeared out of no where and this statement was sent to me. They paid out based on this statement....

DSC_1200.JPG

It wouldn't surprise me if shes fabricated a story and has you strung up by the scrotum tbh.

Fiesta STripes
Bit of an eye opener this one!

I think take a picture and get signed statement from other party at the time might not be too much to ask lol.

Shocking tbh. What a b*tch!

Suzuki Jimny
+1 for kicking her in the c**t.

Slightly O/T, but the un-employed scumbag who is seeing my Aunty has slammed his brakes on infront of two different cars and claimed 10k each time in 'whip-lash'. To make it even worse, the car wasn't even damaged and the car was given to him by the taxpayer for being overweight. Fat c**t scumbag.