ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

totally wiping old iphone ready for selling

M135i
Im trying to wipe everything off my old iphone 4 so i can sell it. So i clicked restored it to original settings, long story short, now when i try to turn the phone back on ( to check everything has been deleted) all it says is connect to itunes, so i do and then nothing happends. Doesnt show up anywhere on the pc or i-tunes.

M135i
Its in recovery mode, what ever that is lol

I found a guide on how to fix it (on apples site) but on 1 of the steps i get stuck as the option they tell you to pick, isnt there.

Ph2 172
I need to get my old 3GS ready for sale - what's the easiest way to do this - restore as new, or the "reset" option??

Also, is there an easy way to work out if the phone is locked or unlocked?? I bought my initial phone from Vodafone, however, It was swapped out by an Apple store when the first one had a problem. I presumed that this would mean that it would be unlocked?? However, I've just tried an O2 sim in it, and although it didn't come up with any errors, it didn't come up with any O2 signal either! It has only just had the Vodafone sim taken out of it, otherwise it's still exactly as I used it - so maybe still has some VF settings in it??