ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Totalled my car this evening on way back from Milton Keynes :( Through a Fence

Clio 172
So here goes ... the pictures!

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 686
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 296
  172 with k-tec sound
i was under the impression that u had to be fully comp on finance, my finance company on my old one insisted this and checked periodicaly?

Da

Less
i was under the impression that u had to be fully comp on finance, my finance company on my old one insisted this and checked periodicaly?

Most will check for this very reason. Some will just ask and as long as you reply 'yes' then they're happy.

Either way, not good! Still, should be able to make a few quid from breaking it!

172 with k-tec sound
yes thats what i thought, mine wanted to see the insurance cert b4 they would release the car.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
is that rear bumper ok?? lol every pannel looks f**ked apart form that

WOW-

Im running this through my head- TPFT on that with 4 finance -
that has an air of 1.5 negative equity about it-

If that was me I would speak to Gally & try & get as much for the car by using pistonhead adverts-
look in the privates theres flamer up for 6k!!!!!

I think you will be lucky to see 3k through insurance for that-- Whats your excess-- I would say £500-

I would borrow the money of the family & clear the finance otherwise you will end up in the sh*t-

borrow enough to cover the finance & another £750 on top to buy a shi**er -- another 172??? dont even contemplate it- you wont be able to insure it---

I hope it works out well for you--

Steve

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would take Steves advice ^^

But I wouls also take a close look at your small print. The finance companies I deal with will only allow you to insure the car fully comprehensively. Anything less and they will create hell.

Oooft.

182....WEAPON!
that will polish out.
na kiddin bud. thats a gutter.

friend of mine had a white s2000 worth about £10,000, he insured it third party fire and theft as thats all he could afford, cost him £2500 for the year.
he wrote it of last month. lost the car, had to pay up the insurance to claim for the lamp posts and road signs he hit. IDIOT.

i personally would always go fully comp on a car worth anything over £4000. but thats just me.

*EDIT: and if you cant afford to go fully comp on a car above that value, you cant afford the car. my mate is the best example of that.

Clio 172
Hi Steve,

The finance is in the form of a bank loan ... so has nothing to do with the car itself ... I just bought the car with the money! As for insurance because I have paid in cash for the fence and im TPFT the insurance wont change as I havent claimed.

Tom

that looks a right state, but atleast you've avoided the oncoming traffic. still, left with a 'mare of a financial aftermath - hope you can get back ontop of it all

wrecked!

Just out of interest, this whole insurance thing... how much were you paying TPFT and what age are you?

Renaultsport 220T
That is bad. Think yourself lucky no one was hurt in that one.
Apart from your wallet.

Strip it and sell the parts that are salvageable.

Clio 172
Yes ... Thanks Ben. But to be honest I would still rather fork out £3000 for a new car and not have the black mark on my insurance for the next 5 years!

Still will live and learn!

Tom

Da

Less
Out of interest - how much were your FC quotes Tom?

Glad you're ok, that's the main thing! :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Could you break it and get £1500? If so then just use that to buy a ph1/vts/gti.

Clio 172
Cheers Durham4416 ... But to be honest it is my fault for not being fully comp ... and yes its left me £4500 in debt, but if i get £1000 for mine back, plus i have a £1000 in savings means i only need to borrow a grand to buy another Ph2

Clio 182
lizard, gutted for you mate, honestly :dapprove: hope you get some back for breaking it, good luck with it all. x

Clio 172
LOL ... Well if your gonna do it ... DO IT PROPERLY :)

And as for a lift to M/Keynes I have to go up in 2 weeks so might be dropping you a PM :p

E36 M3. 182
Unlucky fella. If I were in youre shoes, the last thing on my mind would be trying to run a car thats gonna cost much to buy/run/insure. get a cheap shed for about £500 and insure that tpf&t and try not to crash it. Give it a few years and youll have paid off the loan and have enough no claims to be able to genuinley afford to run a quick motor. In youre situation, patience is the key.

Mk1 Clio RSi
Ahhh thats a shitter, although one of the best roads locally IMO, but is a c*nt in the dark!
Also braking in a corner FTL. epsecially in the rain

M135i
Yes ... Thanks Ben. But to be honest I would still rather fork out £3000 for a new car and not have the black mark on my insurance for the next 5 years!

Still will live and learn!

Tom

I'd be careful on this point to be honest.

A lot of insurance companies ask the question, "have you had an accident in the last 5 years?" as opposed to "have you claimed?"

In theory, if you replied no they could be in a position to not pay out if anything unfortunate happened in the future I think.

But anyways, feel for your pain. The car looked like a pretty nice example too from the pics .

Schma Schme 1.6l
that is blatently fixable! if that happened at a race meet, the car would be out in the next race without doubt.

looks bad in them pics, but given a couple of days, few panels and a large amount if beer, i'd get it fixed. another bit of booze money and my mate would respray it.

you've not hit anything hard, nothing serious is bent/broken. it'll fix. probably for about 1k. happy days!!